Trouble on saturday

The stripper do and the "Birthday Do" later in town could be just the right weekend then :-)

M24 said:
Pigeonho said:
They do make me piss these threads! I remember playing Oldham away around 1996/97 and we went in the Chaddie Park Tavern, the one which is now a fucking prep school. A 'friend' of mine who was 'in the know', said 'eearr mate, heard a rumour Hibs are coming down to help Oldham'. Even as a 19 year old I couldn't help but laugh at him and walk onto the Owl and Spindle! Needless to say, Hibs didn't turn up. I suspect the same will be the case on Saturday when nothing at all happens, anywhere.

You may have laughed mate...........but what you was told would have been true. Oldham have been known as 'rent-a-firm' from time to time, with Hibs, Stockport, Shrewsbury amongst others joining up with them.
They are still very 'active' as a firm, but numbers not as they used to be.
If what the fixer has said is true, and ive no reason to doubt him, it could be very interesting in town on saturday before and after our game.

I was going to post something similar, isn't it mainly because of a certain well-known lad and his "networking"?

Didsbury Dave said:
M24 said:
You may have laughed mate...........but what you was told would have been true. Oldham have been known as 'rent-a-firm' from time to time, with Hibs, Stockport, Shrewsbury amongst others joining up with them.
If what the fixer has said is true, and ive no reason to doubt him, it could be very interesting in town on saturday before and after our game.

I was going to post something similar, isn't it mainly because of a certain well-known lad and his "networking"?

LS... not sure if he's still going though... still see him around from time to time... last time I saw him with a firm it was united's dirty thirty near the whitworth.....LOL.....

should be packed in stalyvegas then they usually stop off there for a few jars if there round this area?

Citytillidie69 said:
Pigeonho said:
They do make me piss these threads! I remember playing Oldham away around 1996/97 and we went in the Chaddie Park Tavern, the one which is now a fucking prep school. A 'friend' of mine who was 'in the know', said 'eearr mate, heard a rumour Hibs are coming down to help Oldham'. Even as a 19 year old I couldn't help but laugh at him and walk onto the Owl and Spindle! Needless to say, Hibs didn't turn up. I suspect the same will be the case on Saturday when nothing at all happens, anywhere.

haha..I remember that rumour as well...in fact Iw as also in the Chaddie Park before the game.....but I do remember a big geezer in a kilt outside the ground ?

Yeah that was him, ginger kid, deep fried mars bar?

The FYC, remember them?!!!

Pigeonho said:
Citytillidie69 said:
haha..I remember that rumour as well...in fact Iw as also in the Chaddie Park before the game.....but I do remember a big geezer in a kilt outside the ground ?

they're still around mate... the originals are getting on now though...

The pub was the Chadderton Tavern, not Chadderton park.

levets said:
Pigeonho said:

They go from the queens the primrose view and the weathersppons now do you know one of the older main heads DK?

Didsbury Dave said:
M24 said:

Yeh, LS certainly got around...........not sure if hes still about though.
Like most firms these days, it is mostly younger lads now........with the older heads just playing out for the bigger games.............maybe this weekend might bring a few out of retirement

levets said:
Pigeonho said:

Never used to bother with the stuff at the football, but on many a saturday night round Oldham town centre in the mid-90's we had running battles with them, me and my mates that is, nothing to do with City. We had a lad with us from Wrexham see who was basically a fearless bastard. Think of Begbie in Trainspotting and you'll be half way to how crazy the Wrexham kid was. Many, many a close shave we had round that shit hole of a town. Loved it though! Unfortunately these days, for the new breed of 17/18 yr olds out on a Saturday night, its all knives and unfair fighting now and whilst I look back and realise how stupid we were, at least it was all fair and not over the top.

M24 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Bang on there M24, the reason i know about this is because i was asked if i fancied it with leeds, the older heads where out against huddersfield thats why they probably had good numbers.

Yeh, LS certainly got around...........not sure if hes still about though.
Like most firms these days, it is mostly younger lads now........with the older heads just playing out for the bigger games.............maybe this weekend might bring a few out of retirement

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.