Trouble on saturday

levets said:
The pub was the Chadderton Tavern, not Chadderton park.

new it was Chadderton something.....also for some reason everytime we went to Oldham we always crossed that duel carriageway at the wrong place after a few beers and was very tricky if not bloody stupid and then we walked across those bloody waterlogged football pitches......we new we could have gone through the estate but for some reason we didn't...must have been the beer.

Pigeonho said:
levets said:
they're still around mate... the originals are getting on now though...

Never used to bother with the stuff at the football, but on many a saturday night round Oldham town centre in the mid-90's we had running battles with them, me and my mates that is, nothing to do with City. We had a lad with us from Wrexham see who was basically a fearless bastard. Think of Begbie in Trainspotting and you'll be half way to how crazy the Wrexham kid was. Many, many a close shave we had round that shit hole of a town. Loved it though! Unfortunately these days, for the new breed of 17/18 yr olds out on a Saturday night, its all knives and unfair fighting now and whilst I look back and realise how stupid we were, at least it was all fair and not over the top.

Spot on mate, did you see that panorama programe about oldham the worst town for violence in the contry? it's fecking mayhem up there.

The Fixer said:
M24 said:
Bang on there M24, the reason i know about this is because i was asked if i fancied it with leeds, the older heads where out against huddersfield thats why they probably had good numbers.

Yeh, LS certainly got around...........not sure if hes still about though.
Like most firms these days, it is mostly younger lads now........with the older heads just playing out for the bigger games.............maybe this weekend might bring a few out of retirement

Im thinking if i actually know you Fixer..........as you can see im new to this forum so dont know user names.
Are you local to oldham, maybe drink in failsworth ?

The Fixer said:
Pigeonho said:
Never used to bother with the stuff at the football, but on many a saturday night round Oldham town centre in the mid-90's we had running battles with them, me and my mates that is, nothing to do with City. We had a lad with us from Wrexham see who was basically a fearless bastard. Think of Begbie in Trainspotting and you'll be half way to how crazy the Wrexham kid was. Many, many a close shave we had round that shit hole of a town. Loved it though! Unfortunately these days, for the new breed of 17/18 yr olds out on a Saturday night, its all knives and unfair fighting now and whilst I look back and realise how stupid we were, at least it was all fair and not over the top.

Spot on mate, did you see that panorama programe about oldham the worst town for violence in the contry? it's
fecking mayhem up there.

Well I live on the boundaries, New Moston, and can be in Oldham in 10 minutes. I remember the programme Donal Mcintyre did, which had Chelsea coming here. It also had Stoke and Oldham fans at it with some fat yonner who, by all accounts, was a grass. It was that match, Stoke and Oldham, which got those riots going. That was fucking mayhem!

The Fixer said:
levets said:
they're still around mate... the originals are getting on now though...

They go from the queens the primrose view and the weathersppons now do you know one of the older main heads DK?

I know they go from the queens, as i said a lot of my old mates are 'oldham'..... the Chaddie tavern reference was not about Oldham... WE used to go from there... Thats how I know the Oldham lads.. when you say older heads.. I think you mean a generation below me?.. GH, DW, LS, Brocky, DC, CHS. There is a well known city fan who hung around with them for a couple of seasons... Plus the Hollins lads know them very well.. Failsworth pole after the FA cup?

Matt Diablo said:
questioning whether bringin my 6 yr old lad up for this one is a good idea tbh...

You'll have no problem mate, unless you get knocked over under the Mancunian Way and wake up in 1973.

Matt Diablo said:
questioning whether bringin my 6 yr old lad up for this one is a good idea tbh...

I really wouldn't worry mate.

Even if something is planned, it's 95% likely the police will be well on top of it.

In the slim chance of anything happening it will take place at some out of the way pub at some odd time.

You'll never know anything about it.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Matt Diablo said:

You'll have no problem mate, unless you get knocked over under the Mancunian Way and wake up in 1973.

Dci Gene Hunt was a blue so even if that happens hell be Ok ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.