Trouble replying to posts on Android

It's not worth even trying to reply to posts at the moment it's happened on every attempt for the last 2 days.

Hi everyone,
I have tried to clear my cache with no results, i have tried to uninstall and reinstall as much as i can, but nothing has changed.

However, if i change the reply box to show the coding ( I can't remember the tech name for it, but it shows "quote" instead of the box itself), I can edit the reply and continue as normal. I wonder if there's an issue with interaction with the samsung and the quote box code.

Hi everyone,
I have tried to clear my cache with no results, i have tried to uninstall and reinstall as much as i can, but nothing has changed.

However, if i change the reply box to show the coding ( I can't remember the tech name for it, but it shows "quote" instead of the box itself), I can edit the reply and continue as normal. I wonder if there's an issue with interaction with the samsung and the quote box code.
Can you (or anybody else), recall when the issue started for them?
Was it related to:
Android update?
Samsung update?
Anything else update?

And is it just Samsung android people who are having issues?

Edit: Googling I found this
Which points to Samsung Browser being a potential issue
FYI @Ric

Edit2: also found this in another forum using xenforo

There’s a few other forums with users having similar issues.
It appears to be caused by a Samsung browser update at the start of December.
Suggest: use a different browser , like Firefox or Brave

Last edited:
Was it related to:
Android update?
Samsung update?
Anything else update?

FYI @Ric

I didn't know Samsung use their own browser, but it appears to be based on Chromium (which Brave uses too but shouldn't have the same issues).

Tried the quote option and it worked the first time but the second time the same problems occurred. Even typing this I'm getting words under lined for no apparent reason.

Tried the quote option and it worked the first time but the second time the same problems occurred. Even typing this I'm getting words under lined for no apparent reason.
Hey mate, if you're using the samsung and the undelining is green, then that's grammar suggestions.
Was it related to:
Android update?
Samsung update?
Anything else update?

FYI @Ric

I have installed firefox and it's working as intended now.

Hey mate, if you're using the samsung and the undelining is green, then that's grammar suggestions.

I have installed firefox and it's working as intended no

Yeah but it's all over the place as you can see where I have attempted to reply to this think I will need to use a different browser for bluenoon w.

The reply just jumps into the box as you can see above. Don't think you can rectify a Samsung cock up but I'm not tech savvy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.