Troy Deeney's Team of the Week 2024/25

I've come up with an alternative 11. If people like it I'm happy to continue it through the season:

Ederson - used his hands well
Rico - ran up and down and passed the ball with his foot
Dias - wonderful finish even if at the wrong end
Van Dijk - heard him called a Rolls Royce so guessing he's good every game
Robinson - watched 2min highlights on youtube and he got an assist. Can't think of another LB.
Rice - harsh sending off and Arsenal would have won with him on the pitch so shows how good he was
Joelinton - saw the sky highlights and he played a good through ball
De Bruyne - another player who oozes class so assume he was probably decent
Diaz - scored twice
Salah - nice new haircut and scored
Delap - lovely finish. Haaland got three but he plays for City so it's like scoring 0.5 for anyone else.

Manager - Ten Hag - funny Harry Potter reference.

(In Palpatine voice) “Gooooood!”

Nice to see they've found someone else to not watch the games and then choose a team based on whoever scored or whoever looked decent in the highlights.

But even so, Jesus Christ this is bad.

Alisson (Liverpool): He was the only goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet. Liverpool were all over Manchester United from start to finish.

Brilliant analysis. And did Alisson actually do anything himself?

Lamare Bogarde (Aston Villa): I've gone a bit different at the back. He made his debut for Aston Villa and handled himself very well.

Handled himself very well. How specific.

Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool): He got a clean sheet and was a monster once again. He was a colossal force at the back. He oozes quality and Liverpool need to tie him down on a new contract.

Virgil van Dijk is a good defender and Liverpool probably shouldn't let him leave on a free. And he gets paid for this.

Nathan Collins (Brentford): Was very good for Brentford and assisted the goal that was given to Yoane Wissa. He was good in both boxes.

'Good in both boxes' because he's a defender who got an assist, presumably. What did he do well in the other box?

Andy Robertson (Liverpool): He had a really good game in a dominant Liverpool performance.

A really good game, you say? Wow, I can just picture it in my head.

I'd say he's just fed the match reports into ChatGPT and got it to write it for him, but I reckon ChatGPT would have a bit more flair than that.

Last edited:
Nice to see they've found someone else to not watch the games and then choose a team based on whoever scored or whoever looked decent in the highlights.

But even so, Jesus Christ this is bad.

Alisson (Liverpool): He was the only goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet. Liverpool were all over Manchester United from start to finish.

Brilliant analysis. And did Alisson actually do anything himself?

Lamare Bogarde (Aston Villa): I've gone a bit different at the back. He made his debut for Aston Villa and handled himself very well.

Handled himself very well. How specific.

Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool): He got a clean sheet and was a monster once again. He was a colossal force at the back. He oozes quality and Liverpool need to tie him down on a new contract.

Virgil van Dijk is a good defender and Liverpool probably shouldn't let him leave on a free. And he gets paid for this.

Nathan Collins (Brentford): Was very good for Brentford and assisted the goal that was given to Yoane Wissa. He was good in both boxes.

'Good in both boxes' because he's a defender who got an assist, presumably. What did he do well in the other box?

Andy Robertson (Liverpool): He had a really good game in a dominant Liverpool performance.

A really good game, you say? Wow, I can just picture it in my head.

I'd say he's just fed the match reports into ChatGPT and got it to write it for him, but I reckon ChatGPT would have a bit more flair than that.
5 Liverpool players in it after an easy win against a bunch of clowns.
New wanker but same old same old.

Its really, really bad. If he handed that in as work at a primary school it would be handed back and he would be asked to be more descriptive.

I liked Garth as a player, he’s a nice guy, but I can’t handle him pundit wise. Talking basically. That’s it, just anything he says and especially the way he says it. Grates. I’m grated now just thinking about it. Whoever got me onto this can just fuck off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.