True art!!

The Goat Feeder said:
Excuse my ignorance, but i really dont understand the middle one! Whats the bee all about?

Thanks
The away kit is black and gold, and is meant to represent the bees on the Manchester Coat of Arms. Or something...

Dubai Blue said:
The Goat Feeder said:
Excuse my ignorance, but i really dont understand the middle one! Whats the bee all about?

Thanks
The away kit is black and gold, and is meant to represent the bees on the Manchester Coat of Arms. Or something...

Cheers mate, i guess it could also represent the Bees on the Boddingtons logo!!

information on the official Manchester coat of Arms (as used exclusively by ourselves in cup finals) ;o)

The Explanation said:
Like all heraldic coat of arms, almost every component of the Manchester Coat of Arms has a symbolic meaning. At the centre of the shield (in a shape known as '13th-century', which Manchester chose for reasons unknown), the three diagonal stripes represent the three rivers of Manchester: The Medlock, The Irwell and The Irk.

The ship at the top of the shield represents the trading relationships of Manchester, and above the shield the terrestrial globe covered in bees also has significance. The bee in heraldic terms represents efficient industry, and to this day the bee is often used as a shorthand emblem of Manchester and can be see on many street bollards around the city centre.

The heraldic antelope with its gold chain represents the engineering industries. The lion's crown is a castle, a reference to the ancient Roman fort of Castlefield: the first known civilised settlement of Manchester. The red roses they each wear on their shoulders are references to Lancashire, a symbol that is still used widely today to represent the county Manchester historically belongs to.

The motto can be loosely translated as 'Wisdom and Effort' although some prefer to read it as meaning something along the lines of 'Think about the consequences of your work before beginning it'.

Hope this helps.

......and I thought it was a thread about Dennis, the guy that scored with the overhead kick in 1976.

i8therags said:
I;m going to be a grumpy old git here.the art is good.but painting brick is wrong in a big way..If the council Ok;d it then it proves what arty f"ckin farty dick heads run it.If its private then not much anyone can do..You just don;t paint f"ckin brick,it;s f"ckin wrong.End of rant,:-(

I'm going to be an annoying youthful twat here. That wall looked like absolute shit to start off with. A real mess. I also think good graffiti can be incredible. Overall I think the whole thing is quite good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.