truth or lies?

blue12

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2991964/Fergie-has-95m-to-spend.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... spend.html</a>

Bit concerning if true because i have had some good fun ripping the piss out of my scum aquaintances,the point is is it true or are they telling them what they want to here hmmm?

Simple, they really need to strengthen in lots of areas and they know it, so lets see if he does. If he doesnt, then i think it is all bull shit. Oh, and how has the debt shrunk to just over £500m?<br /><br />-- Sat May 29, 2010 9:43 am --<br /><br />Fergie has £95m to spendBy MARTIN BLACKBURN

Published: Today
Add a comment (63)
DAVID GILL has told Manchester United's protesting fans: Stop moaning, we've got £95million to spend.
Many of the Old Trafford faithful have become disillusioned with the debt-laden ownership of the unpopular Glazer family.

And the American family put another nail in the coffin of the takeover bid by the Red Knights consortium last night by insisting there are no plans to sell up.

But chief executive Gill insisted there is nothing to be gloomy about and claims boss Alex Ferguson will have as much of that warchest as he wants for new signings this summer.

Fergie has hinted there may only be one big-name signing with Chris Smalling and Javier Hernandez already signed on for around £18m.

But with Karim Benzema and David Silva also believed to be on their radar, Gill says the extra money will be made available.

Gill said: "People say Alex is saying money is there because he has to. Anyone who knows Alex Ferguson knows he wouldn't say that if he didn't mean what he said.

"The money is definitely there. The financial results will show the figures are about £95m cash.

"We are not in a situation whereby Alex is restricted in what he wants to do with the club.

"We can invest in the players, the training ground and the stadium."

Fan protests became part and parcel of United home games last season with the Green and Gold campaign particularly prominent.

Yet Gill insisted: "The fans protesting are not going to change their opinion even if we win three Champions League titles in a row.

"We couldn't have been much more successful in the last three years.

"But they are simply never going to be happy."

United's hopes of landing Karim Benzema, however, are set to be dashed by Real Madrid for a second successive year.

Ferguson was keen to sign the French forward 12 months ago before he moved to the Bernabeu for around £30million.

And Real's sporting director Jorge Valdano has now said Benzema will be like 'a new signing' next season.

The former Lyon man hardly featured last term, sparking stories he could be on the move again.

But Valdano said: "We do not need more forwards - we scored 102 goals this season and Benzema didn't play much. Next season Karim is like a new signing."

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2991964/Fergie-has-95m-to-spend.html#ixzz0pJ2i8NR4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z0pJ2i8NR4</a>

I'm pretty sure the banks who they owe money to will be interested to find out that they have £95m to waste on footballers and not their debts. This is just tabloid bullshit.

But this is all we've been hearing for months and months now: Baconface has £95 million to spend. If this is the case then why hasn't he started spending some of it? Even the most blinkered rag will see that they relied 100% on Shrek for the whole of last season, and yet still the bully didn't strengthen the squad. They have so many players nearing the ends of their careers (Ratface, Van DerSar, Scholes, Giggs etc) and yet still the Ayatollah chooses not to spend.

Personally I think it's debatable that they have that sort of money to spend. Even if they had half that amount you can bet your life the bully wouldn't get his skinny, arthritic talons on it anyway, good old Uncle Malcolm would want his share first.

this was one of the topics on Talksport yesterday with Townsend a porky.
At one point I even felt sorry for some of the rags phoning. Townsend and Parry were completely talking shit about the whole issue and for rags they had some callers who talked sence, saying they were very lucky last year and the squad is shit and going backwards, also 95m is bullshit and baconface is toeing the line so's not to upset the unity of all things scum.
It was also very funny in parts I thought one guy was going to cry.

Numptyed said:
this was one of the topics on Talksport yesterday with Townsend a porky.
At one point I even felt sorry for some of the rags phoning. Townsend and Parry were completely talking shit about the whole issue and for rags they had some callers who talked sence, saying they were very lucky last year and the squad is shit and going backwards, also 95m is bullshit and baconface is toeing the line so's not to upset the unity of all things scum.
It was also very funny in parts I thought one guy was going to cry.

Totally agree. That united fan who was on for about 5 minutes talked so much sense. he even complimented on city, and how united as being the dominant force in manchester for 25 years, need to take note of us now. He was a true united fan, the ones that are rea fans, the sort you could go for a beer with before and after a derby, shame they are few and far between these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.