truth or lies?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Chick Counterfly said:
It's an old Arsenal trick. When the supporters get uppity about there not being any serious money spent on players, they start to blame the board. The board make a statement that they have 95m in cash available but forget to point out 75m (or whatever) of that is already earmarked for interest and finance payments or whatever. the press usually fall for this and the fans go away happy.

I could be wrong but my guess is Fergie has around 20-30m to spend, if he sells a couple of fringe players. maybe he could stretch to 40m+ to get two really good youngish players. That's why we put in the early bid on Milner and why we apparently did it so publicly, because they would can't afford to enter a bidding war that starts at 20m. Their only hope was for him to request for a move before any bids were made, and to jump in quickly and agree a fee.
So you would say our public bid for Milner was to knock the rags out of the running early?

We have to be cute now, and i believe our owners and GC are doing what anyone with any sence would do. Improve our squad while leaving your main rivals as weak as you can by stopping them adding strengh to current squads. That's business, and that's being smart! and its about time to.

Uber Blues said:
Lancashire Blue said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this rag debt scenario is of no consequence if you ask me. The fact is, they've done more than ok since the Glazers took over, and I can't see anything changing anytime soon. Good players will still want to go there, they will find the money for players somehow, and the creditors will never shut the rags down or get them wound up.

I think it's all nonsense. They could have the debt of a medium sized country (I suppose they have) but it will make no difference to them on the field.

With all due respect mate your talking crap!. If you think debts of 3/4 of a billion are something to just ignore, and sweep under thwe carpet.....well ime glad you dont look after my financial stuff. They aint real Madrid with state backing, and they are just as likely to be taken into bank control and stripped to nothing as any other business. It is unlikely but not impossible. The days of debt ladden business's dictating terms to banks are long gone. Still i really dont give a shit about them as City are my team.

It's just the way I see it. I really hope I AM talking crap, and I take the point of DLBIA's point about the dam, and the contracts to the over 30s, but tell me which Premier League club wouldn't offer a contract to the likes of Scholes and Giggs.

I stand by what I say but I'd LOVE to be proven wrong...

malg said:
I'm pretty sure the banks who they owe money to will be interested to find out that they have £95m to waste on footballers and not their debts. This is just tabloid bullshit.
Utd's PIK interest repayments go up in August to 16%.

But I believe their financial problems are exagerated by City and Utd fans.

Had they not had their debts then I am sure that they would be more aggressive in the transfer market, but they aren't in any danger whilst they are in the Champions League and Utd could quickly find buyers if the need arose

I'm skint.I have a massive mortgage,credit card debts,car loan and one or two other monthly outgoings.I "bought" a telly from Comet on monthly payments and 6 months down the line,they have sent me a statement saying how much I've paid off and also that I have "£2500 AVAILABLE TO SPEND".Does that mean I have 2and a half grand? Does it fuck.For the scum to get any top players is about a reckless as me going to Comet and spunking 2.5K on electrical goods.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.