Tuesday 18th June - Fixture Release

We have to play everyone twice!

Timing of fixtures can sometimes play a small part but it should not be significant. That said, if we need to close the season out with a winning run, yet again, you would fancy our chances with that run-in.

What is a pisser is both first and last games being away from home and in West London.

The Rags home and home on the first and last games of the season. Nothing to see here.

Which means of course that City haven't opened a campaign with a home game in the last 8 seasons. I can't imagine any other team has done that.

And an away game to end the season too.
I have no idea whether City asked to be at home or away for any opening/closing day games but I wonder if the building work at North Stand may have a bearing? It may be that City asked to have a longer close season for Etihad each year? Many clubs have done that in the past. Just a thought. Obviously, that wouldn't change most of the previous seasons' opening games, so your point is still right to question it. I remember someone once saying 'the Champions always play at home first game' and then the PL said that's not a rule. Maybe it should be?

Can't complain with those fixtures. Looks like we play everyone home and away!

In all seriousness, a tough Feb on paper, but if we get a decent CL draw we should be okay in that competition and then other than the rags away it's very much a decent run in and nothing that looks too tricky to negotiate alongside the CL if we have the squad fit and firing.

Twitter is awash with all things conspiracy. Liverpool fans think they’ve been done over and that the PL want Pep to get 5 in a row.

They’re also fucking we play Ipswich at home. No specific date, just that we get to play Ipswich at home as though they don’t.

Fucking mad house that place.

I don't think we can have any complaint's with those set of Fixtures really.
Tough game out the way first game.
Liverpool away out the way before Christmas
Home Boxing Day. Not overly far to travel on 29th Dec if that gets moved to New Year.
Brentford and Tottenham away midweek are a bit of a shitter
We're not the last game for Everton at Goodison Park
Very favourible run in if its needed.

Think we can be happy with them to be honest.
Imagine if they all stayed as scheduled on the Saturday at 3pm. One can dream....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.