Tunnel bust-up after derby

Maureen talks about respect, little does he know the history. We helped utd out on several occasions, one being the use of our ground many years ago. How did they repay us? In our bad years they produced a banner indicating a clock, one that counted the years we hadn't won anything. Sporting, respect I think not! They deserve all they get and well done to all who rubbed there nose in it!
A banner with a clock you say? Why hasn't anyone mentioned this before?

Wenger’s comments were brought up at the last Points of Blue meeting. The club response was as follows:

I find it disappointing that we didn't make a formal complaint as it was a clear breach of the rules and extremely offensive. Not to seek to draw a line in the sand over defamatory comments like that sends out completely the wrong message in my view.
Choose your battles.

Choose your battles.
If we won't go into battle over other managers calling our players cheats then we may as well give up. Because if we do and win, as we must, everyone else will think twice before doing it. Mourinho would have kept his mouth shut (though no doubt he'd have found something else to whinge about). It sends out a clear message.

But we shouldn't have needed to make a complaint as the FA/PL should have drawn the line and done something without needing to be reminded.

Just a thought ... is there any chance Lukaku’s sulking last night was as a result of him knowing United have to toss him under the bus(pardon the pun) in regard his role in Milkgate ? They’ve had to include mention of what he did and it will probably result in a fine/ban for him ?

If we won't go into battle over other managers calling our players cheats then we may as well give up. Because if we do and win, as we must, everyone else will think twice before doing it. Mourinho would have kept his mouth shut (though no doubt he'd have found something else to whinge about). It sends out a clear message.

But we shouldn't have needed to make a complaint as the FA/PL should have drawn the line and done something without needing to be reminded.

I think the subsequent refereeing from the likes of Pawson and Oliver shows the game is played differently, we just have to hope the club are savvy enough to put us in position A going forward and remove the rather dramatic fluctuations in refereeing performance to certain teams depending on the season.

I've just saw on Twitter from a journo that it's about his comments on our tactical fouling when teams counter. Anyone want to put money on all our first tackles being yellow carded from now on to stop this?

That’s all it is mate. They can’t beat us at football without help and the only thing that can help them on the pitch is a referee dancing to their tune. Hence the rhetoric.

Well that proves we did the right thing. I am so glad Mourinho didn't keep his mouth shut. The dignified silence in the face of these childish outbursts from bitter, over the hill managers is music to my ears. The majority are now seeing it for what it is.

Wenger’s comments were brought up at the last Points of Blue meeting. The club response was as follows:

I find it disappointing that we didn't make a formal complaint as it was a clear breach of the rules and extremely offensive. Not to seek to draw a line in the sand over defamatory comments like that sends out completely the wrong message in my view.
That sounds like the club has based its reaction off of the general reaction to the said comments. If people had agreed with him then I guess it call fall under defamatory and we'd take action but as it was largely dismissed then the I guess it was in the best interests of the club to bury the matter to prevent a Sterling diving debate.

Maybe not complaining about Wenger was in Sterling's best interests, even if it means Wenger going unpunished.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.