Turkey

In the last 12 years or so I have been to Marmaris,Icmeler, Hisonaru and Kusadasi, all more than once and have enjoyed them all without any cause for complaint. The bar and restaurant owners are a bit keen to get you your business but not to the extent of calling it harassment. I think some on here quote hearsay and add more egg to the pudding.

I'd love to know how many of the people slagging the place off have actually been there, i will respect the opinion of anyone who has been either good or bad but i'm sick of hearing all this friend of a friend crap.

For what it's worth i have been to Turkey for the last 6 years and i will be there again in 2 weeks time, now i may just be lucky but when my family have been over there we have been treated exceptionally. I can only speak for the area of Marmaris but i have found the people to be fantastic.

Yes I have been and spoke to someone on Wednesday who has just been and she experienced same as my Mrs did back in 1996. So that added to the fact is is slightly risky means I am out. Glad you like it.

In the last 12 years or so I have been to Marmaris,Icmeler, Hisonaru and Kusadasi, all more than once and have enjoyed them all without any cause for complaint. The bar and restaurant owners are a bit keen to get you your business but not to the extent of calling it harassment. I think some on here quote hearsay and add more egg to the pudding.

Only been to Icmeler and Marmaris on a day trip, and we found the constant harassing of the bar and restaurant staff,( along with the boat trip ones) to be a real pain in the arse ... Pretty much full on, and can see it puts many off ... us included.

But then in other places stayed, (Kas, Kalkan) it's far less, and almost non existent in some (Dalyan, Kayakoy) .... Been over a dozen times, and planning to return next June all being well.

Can only echo what people are saying about being constanly mithered by restaurant owners, its a bit of a pin in the arse but easy enough to just ignore.
It was the constant barage of blokes harassing my missus that did my head in, it was like i wasnt even stood there. Must of nearly got into about 6 scraps over there

I have a place out in Turkey. The people are great the country is beautiful. Not the cheapest place in Europe and not everyones cup of tea but I love it. Only ever come across a dodgy turk once, OK it ended in fisticuffs but every turk involved was on my side. A farer and honest set of people I've yet to meet. A friend of mine, in fact a Manchester lad was In a bar where a group of bits were pissed and started abusing a young waiter, in fact they were hitting him. My mate stood in and indeed got a pasting for his effort's and ended up in hospital. The local people helped him and his family no end. In fact he was henceforth treated like a king. I lost contact with him years ago but someone may know him although he's a rag. Salford born Tommy Lynch. Great bloke.

Been to marmaris three times in last four years & love the place id go again tomorrow in a breath, case of each to their own though im guessin?

Yes I have been and spoke to someone on Wednesday who has just been and she experienced same as my Mrs did back in 1996. So that added to the fact is is slightly risky means I am out. Glad you like it.

No problem at all with your opinion, as you say you have been so write from personal experience, what works for one person doesn't work for all.

I have to be honest and say that as much as i love the place and the people there i am concerned about what is happening, i will be thinking long and hard about going next year and if i have any genuine concerns i will give it a swerve, like i say i have only been to Marmaris and we stay in an area about a mile away from the main strip so it is quieter there and we get treated well. I have little doubt that in the centre things may be different.

I am happy to be going again in a couple of weeks but don't get me wrong at this moment i would be on edge going to Istanbul, Ankara and i certainly wouldn't entertain backpacking along the border of Turkey / Syria :)

Confirmation in the last few pages of what I said in my previous post about the people who say they like Turkey only ever visiting the tourist resorts & possible Istanbul.

I reiterate.... most if the country is a fucking shithole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.