Turkey

Again you are making not only a mistake but actually a crime against history. Just to compare crusade to Arab conquering Iberian Peninsula
First: The Muslins received calls from Count Julian and the local people’s rejection of Gothic rule, asking the Muslims to help them and save them. As stated by the Spanish historian, “If the Arabs had not interfered in the Peninsula’s affairs in 711 CE and put an end to this age of turmoil, the Goths would have inflicted unimaginable harm on Spain.”.
Second: many Jews and Christians held government positions in Andalus, it was considered as the Golden Age of Jewish history. The philosopher Moses Maimonides, (Musa ibn Maymun) who wrote the Guide to the Perplexed."Judaism probably welcomed the conquest of Spain by the Muslims in 711. With the Muslim conquest began a Golden Age of freedom and tolerance for Jews. They freely entered the fields of government, science, medicine, and literature." Spain was home to by far the largest and most brilliant Jewish community in Europe; elsewhere, the Jews were hounded and persecuted. "Islamic Spain is sometimes described as a 'golden age' of religious and ethnic tolerance and interfaith harmony between Muslims, Jews"Christian,Jews."
Third: Andalus was the bridge used by the Muslims to transfer civilization to Europe, the time when Muslims were ruling is described as the Cardle of Europian Civilization. This is a quote Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (1770-1881), German Philosopher "Science and knowledge, especially that of philosophy, came from the Arabs into the west" . another from Victor Robinson (1886-1947) Author, Physician, and Medical Journalist “Europe was darkened at sunset, Cordoba shone with public lamps; Europe was dirty, Cordoba built a thousand baths; Europe was covered with vermin, Cordoba changed its undergarments daily; Europe lay in mud, Cordobas streets were paved; Europe’s palaces had smoke- holes in the ceiling, Cordoba's arabesques were exquisite; Europe's nobility could not sign its name, Cordoba's children went to school; Europe’s monks could not read the baptismal service, Cordoba's teachers created a library of Alexandrian dimensions.”. Another quote from Georg
Your problem is that either you are not trying or you do not want to understand history, and you think the current civilization is the beginning of human kind and that others did not contribute to the current rise and development.
Interesting. You don't have a spare copy of the 'Guide to the perplexed' do you?....
There are some parallels with other early civilisations which attained levels of sophistication, and then, went backwards. No offence intended. It is hard to believe for instance that the Romans predated the Vikings by centuries. The Mayans and the Incas were also well ahead of the game.

Interesting. You don't have a spare copy of the 'Guide to the perplexed' do you?....
There are some parallels with other early civilisations which attained levels of sophistication, and then, went backwards. No offence intended. It is hard to believe for instance that the Romans predated the Vikings by centuries. The Mayans and the Incas were also well ahead of the game.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/gfp/

http://www.teachittome.com/seforim2/seforim/the_guide_for_the_perplexed.pdf

Revoking 20,000 teachers passports and licences is not the modus operandi of a leader of a democratic country.

He's a fucking dictator who serves Daesh, and kills Kurds whilst the west ignore it.

Wikileaks Is About to Expose the Turkish Coup, but Someone Is Trying to Silence Them.
Wikileaks anticipated the release would be censored in Turkey, cautioning in a three-part tweet posted Monday:

Turks will likely be censored to prevent them reading our pending release of 100k+ docs on politics leading up to the coup. We ask that Turks are ready with censorship bypassing systems such as TorBrowser and uTorrent and that everyone else is ready to help them bypass censorship and push our links through the censorship to come.

And just like that, In one move, Turkey's authoritarian ruler just eliminated both the middle and higher educational system of the country.

While there is still no response from the distinguished western "democratic" powers, the market has already opined on how this ends, its conclusion is simple: badly.
http://theantimedia.org/wikileaks-turkish-coup/

The only people I hear say that Turkey is nice are those who have gone there on holiday.

When you've spent a lot of time there (not just in Istanbul or the Med holiday resorts) you soon realise that the place is a complete fucking shithole.

I wouldn't go back there if I was paid to.

The only people I hear say that Turkey is nice are those who have gone there on holiday.

When you've spent a lot of time there (not just in Istanbul or the Med holiday resorts) you soon realise that the place is a complete fucking shithole.

I wouldn't go back there if I was paid to.
My cousin, who is very well travelled, reckoned that Istanbul was the most amazing place he'd been too.

My cousin, who is very well travelled, reckoned that Istanbul was the most amazing place he'd been too.
My mum and her friend visited Istanbul on a trip from there cruise, she as been all around the world but said she would never go back there only there for a day but the way they were treated by the local males and the fact she caught on 2different occasions somebody trying to get into her handbag

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.