Turky....... should I be worried?

Lekos said:
Listen to corky's advice if I were you mate - he's clearly a man who knows what's going on:

A) WALK to your hotel with all your things - avoid cabs or help. It also helps if any "luxury items" you may have during this walk are visible to all. This shows the locals you are comfortable with them and trust them. They will like you.

B) DON'T LOOK ANY LOCALS IN THE EYES - They find it incredibly offensive and will probably fist you.

C) If you do go to a nice Pizzeria, don't order Feta cheese on you pizza (a la Corky). Feta cheese is Greek and makes Turks angry. Again, the most likely scenario is they will fist you and you probably won't even get desert.

D) If the locals don't understand you just talk louder in a Borat style accent. They like this and see this as you making an effort to communicate with them (whilst remembering not to look them directly in the eyes).

D) Take out some sort of life insurance.

Thanks mate I sure with all this I will be fine............. I'll say bye now then because I dout I'll be coming back?!

Borat style love it!........................ its nice!

johnthemostonblue said:
what part are you going

marmaris mate, my girl friend book it, cheap!<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:33 pm --<br /><br />
shadygiz said:
turky???

i'd be more worried that you're holidaying in the wrong country ;)

holy shit a spelling mistake!............

corky1970 said:

i took my blonde, blue eyes wife to Altinkum a few years back,went for a meal and
when i went for a piss i came back to see her getting bummed over the table by a big fat smelly local.

it fucking ruined my Feta cheese pizza and i had to wait till they finished before ordering my desert !

PSML

quality

- aside from all of Corky's posts on the subject, and a few others worth a read in this thread you've got no worries Triger (and by the way, are you the one from Only Fools & Horses?)

*everyone who's been - and I was based out there for a number of years at one point in my life, knows that the Turks are amongst the most friendly people in Europe, FACT! (just be careful you don't transgress any local customs, although as a foreigner - provided you're not a drunken one, you'll be treated much better on average than a local; so enjoy yourselves)

-- Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:33 pm --

shadygiz said:
turky???

holy shit a spelling mistake!............[/quote]

Yes, but if you actually mean Torquay then you are going to be awfully confused with some of the advice on here when you get there. ;-)

MCFCinUSA said:
corky1970 said:
i took my blonde, blue eyes wife to Altinkum a few years back,went for a meal and
when i went for a piss i came back to see her getting bummed over the table by a big fat smelly local.

it fucking ruined my Feta cheese pizza and i had to wait till they finished before ordering my desert !

PSML

quality

- aside from all of Corky's posts on the subject, and a few others worth a read in this thread you've got no worries Triger (and by the way, are you the one from Only Fools & Horses?)

*everyone who's been - and I was based out there for a number of years at one point in my life, knows that the Turks are amongst the most friendly people in Europe, FACT! (just be careful you don't transgress any local customs, although as a foreigner - provided you're not a drunken one, you'll be treated much better on average than a local; so enjoy yourselves)

Thanks mate, I have told so many diffrenet things about turkish men and I don't no any over here.

I like a drink as much as the next Manc but I no how to behave myself, my girl friend on the other hand has a mouth like a run away train when she as had a few?

Triger for Only fools............ some might say I have his charm? You just have to get to know me better Dave'.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 pm --<br /><br />
mackenzie said:
-- Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:33 pm --

shadygiz said:
turky???

Yes, but if you actually mean Torquay then you are going to be awfully confused with some of the advice on here when you get there. ;-)[/quote]

I already know the men in Torquay are twats.....

triger700 said:

And you're still thinking the E advice was about drugs!

Turkish men will walk with you and hold your girlfriends hand whilst you have the other. They are quite harmless though and as sated go for the Shirley Valentine type.! Just laugh it off but stick to the main areas.

Turkey has the second fasted growing economy in the world. I'm thinking of buying a place there as it's very cheap at the moment.

Went with my ex last year and a Turk tried it on with her while i was at the cash machine, just stay together and they tend to stay away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.