Turning right

When you assume you make an ass of u and me.

In free flowing traffic, on a roundabout you don't turn right from a left hand lane. You're turning right, you go in the right lane. It really is that simple.

highway-code-rule-185.jpg
Now you have got me worried about the driver in the silver car, I think there may be something wrong with his brakes by the way he seems to be juddering along?
Also how the hell does anyone get at those flower beds on the roundabout to water them? I wont sleep tonight now with worry, Thanks!

Car 1.

If you're turning right on a roundabout you must position yourself in the right hand lane. Left hand lane is for going straight on.

That’s not true. 2 different roundabouts near me allows you to turn right from the left hand land at the roundabout (both have right hand turn you are permitted to take from left lane as the fourth exit off roundabout!!!). It all depends on the road markings which goes to prove these road designers don’t actually drive!!

Anyroad if left hand lane allows you to turn right then it’s car 2 fault. If not then car 1 is at fault.

That’s not true. 2 different roundabouts near me allows you to turn right from the left hand land at the roundabout (both have right hand turn you are permitted to take from left lane as the fourth exit off roundabout!!!). It all depends on the road markings which goes to prove these road designers don’t actually drive!!

Anyroad if left hand lane allows you to turn right then it’s car 2 fault. If not then car 1 is at fault.
This is the correct answer.

This whole thread is like one of those maths questions where you’ve got a fuzzy picture of 3 sunflowers with 4 seeds in + 2 chocolate bars with 8 squares each + an analogue watch showing 11o’clock = 30.

It depends on the road markings and signage.

This is the correct answer.

This whole thread is like one of those maths questions where you’ve got a fuzzy picture of 3 sunflowers with 4 seeds in + 2 chocolate bars with 8 squares each + an analogue watch showing 11o’clock = 30.

It depends on the road markings and signage.

What I’ve seen more of is people following sat nav blindly. Car 1 being told take second exit and think left lane, in absence of road markings, would be ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.