Turning right

Not saying use both lanes to turn right though as far as I can see on Google Maps.

How are you interpreting the sign? I'm interested. Is turn 1 deemed a left turn and turn 2 straight on, perhaps? Got me thinking now!
1718098479012.png

This sign. It's saying two lanes approach the roundabout and two lanes can exit on the right of the roundabout. there is single lane exit to the north which is for the left hand lane only the right hand land can only turn right and should stay in lane.

Not saying use both lanes to turn right though as far as I can see on Google Maps.

How are you interpreting the sign? I'm interested. Is turn 1 deemed a left turn and turn 2 straight on, perhaps? Got me thinking now!

I agree if the sign was show dual carriageway onto dual carriageway than the car 1 could go round and join. Car 2 should join in the outside lane.
The sign doesn't show its going onto a duel carriageway. So car 1 is wrong.

I was always taught the inside lane unless directed is for the first two junctions before 12o'ckock as you look at the sign. Any junction after 12 o'clock is the inside of the roundabout and than indicate left and move across once you have gone past the junction before your turning. They shouldn't be a car on your inside !

View attachment 121964

This sign. It's saying two lanes approach the roundabout and two lanes can exit on the right of the roundabout. there is single lane exit to the north which is for the left hand lane only the right hand land can only turn right and should stay in lane.

No it's not, it doesn't show a duel carriageway, just shows the main route goes right

If that sign says you can turn right from the left lane what does this sign mean if its a duel carriageway sign ?

Outside can go straight on as long as you join in the outside lane. Also the inside lane can turn right into the left lane. So the left car turns across the right car going straight on !

1000005295.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 121964

The line thicknesses denote the type of road A, B, local etc, according to gov.uk (P112 in the link), I don't think it informs which lanes to use in approach and exit (unless you have some other info on that) ...

"The width of each route symbol depends on the type of the road indicated: wide for primary routes and motorways, medium for ‘A’ and ‘B’ numbered non-primary routes and narrow for local roads without numbers"

Just to confuse everyone further, I checked with Google Maps navigation and it suggested both lanes could be used. Not saying that's correct but it likely contributes to the confusion.

No it's not, it doesn't show a duel carriageway, just shows the main route goes right

If that sign says you can turn right from the left lane what does this sign mean if its a duel carriageway sign ?

Outside can go straight on as long as you join in the outside lane. Also the inside lane can turn right into the left lane. So the left car turns across the right car going straight on !

View attachment 121967
Did L S Lowry make that sign?

View attachment 121967
you have to actually read each sign ffs. Here the only option for the left hand lane is straight ahead as the right hand lane can go straight. The posters sign is quite clear in what the left and right hand lanes can do

you have to actually read each sign ffs. Here the only option for the left hand lane is straight ahead as the right hand lane can go straight. The posters sign is quite clear in what the left and right hand lanes can do

Both signs are the same lol one shows a minor road going straight on. The other shows a main road going straight on. Left hand lane is straight on only on both signs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.