26th December 8.00 A
29th December 6.00 H
2nd January 8.00 H
11th January 5.30 A
19th January 4.30 H
23rd January 8.00 A

So over Xmas / New Year their games are spread over eight days, ours over six

five at home, whilst City have 5 away

I'm more concerned about losing games we shouldn't be and falling 8 points behind and putting unnecessary pressure on ourselves than the inevitable stitch up in the schedule.

Up to us to deliver and we haven't so far this season, Liverpool will be long gone before we're even sat watching those games on current trajectory.
6 of the points dropped were all our fault but anyone who doesn't see we battered Spurs and should have taken all 3 is blind. 6 points is not great but it would mean it's technically still in our own hands. Also losing to Wolves is no disgrace, they are a good side on their day. Even Liverpool have to admit that they can't take them lightly.

Lastly didn't the Norwich loss coincide with the first game without Laporte at the back and Fernandinho not being quite ready ontop of that? Wolves was a game without Stones or Laporte available. CB being the one position nobody can say we have no excuses for not coping with injuries.

Last edited:
City chief operating officer Omar Berrada said: "We're disappointed that the schedule is so tight for the players over Christmas. It's not ideal to be made to play twice in less than 48 hours because it doesn't give the players time to properly recover.

"We obviously understand that the paying rights-holding broadcasters are an important consideration when it comes to scheduling, but we also need to make sure that we protect the players' wellbeing, the sporting integrity of the league, and the quality of the product."

Thanks for mentioning the fans as well Omar...

I'm done this season
Clear and obvious the Agenda is in full throttle and they want Liverpool this season
fucking JOKE

What a fucking ballache some of these changes are.

And I was happy for whatever slot they were gonna move the derby to, apart from 17.30 on a Saturday as I'm at a gig in Leeds that evening, so naturally it fucking moves to that slot.

What a fucking ballache some of these changes are.

And I was happy for whatever slot they were gonna move the derby to, apart from 17.30 on a Saturday as I'm at a gig in Leeds that evening, so naturally it fucking moves to that slot.
Unlucky but it’s always a risk, Shed Seven or the Mondays? Watch the match in a boozer in Leeds, most will be wanting City to win, they really do detest the Rags.

five at home, whilst City have 5 away
Yep twitter responses from Liverpool fans on that tweet: "We play 8 games from December the end of January like everyone else, where is the advantage. There's nothing to see here"

Lets summarise:

I believe they have moved only 1 game(West Ham?) to allow for this game in Qatar which is on the 18th of December, well before Christmas and New Year. There's also 11 days between the PL fixtures to allow for this game too(14th-26th). There's no excuse for this having any baring on the main point in contention.

They had already been given the advantage(I assume), from the start of the season, of 5 home games from 8. Over City's 5 away games, in the busy winter schedule. If anyone anyone's fixtures should have been condensed it was Liverpool's.

3 games in 8 days for Liverpool from Christmas to New Year. Only 6 days for City.

Wolves have also suffered from them wanting to make sure City don't gain any ground on Liverpool. They would have been a tough fixture for them but now they play City(at home) and then Liverpool(away), with less than 48hours recovery.

They couldn't have picked the schedule changes any better had they been writing them themselves.

Last edited:
Unlucky but it’s always a risk, Shed Seven or the Mondays? Watch the match in a boozer in Leeds, most will be wanting City to win, they really do detest the Rags.

Shed Seven.

Yeah there was always gonna be a chance it could be scheduled for then, but I really thought/hoped that GMP would want it either early KO that day or on the Sunday.
Need to chat with a couple of mates in the same boat, I'm more leaning towards watching the game in Leeds.
I could still catch most of the game then race to Victoria and catch a train that will get me/us to Leeds in time for 9pm, but its a lot of rushing about and I'm not sure I cba :)

Plus any delays either on the train or getting into First Direct Arena will eat into the Sheds set, which I really don't wanna miss.

First world problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.