TV Referral System to be trialed in 2015

BlueAnorak

At Soccerex today, Step Ladder came up with this gem...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29109481" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29109481</a>

Sepp Blatter: 'Football TV referrals trial may happen next year'

A TV replay system allowing coaches to challenge a referee's decision may be trialled next year, Fifa president Sepp Blatter has announced.
Speaking via video link at Manchester's Soccerex, the Swiss, 78, said he wanted coaches to be allowed at least one challenge per half.
He revealed the trial could happen at next year's Fifa Under-20 World Cup.
"We can try in a youth competition, an Under-20, like next year when we are in New Zealand," he said.
"It can only be done where there is television coverage of all the matches."
In a wide-ranging interview, Blatter also confirmed he would seek re-election as Fifa president in 2015.
Coaches in the NFL have the authority to challenge a referee's decision
Coaches in the NFL have the authority to challenge an official's decision
He said the on-field referee would have the final say on whether to change their own decision.
Blatter said coaches would "have the right in the half, twice or once, to challenge a refereeing decision but only when the game is stopped".
He added: "Then, there must be a television monitor but by the television company and not by another referee.
"And then the referee and the coach, they will go then to look, and then the referee may change his mind, as it is the case in tennis, for instance."
Blatter also stated:
The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will have to be played in winter and consultation has started with the players' union FIFPro, clubs, leagues and the six continental federations about moving the tournament.
A boycott of the 2018 World Cup in Russia would not work as such a move in sport "never has any benefit".
He wants "respect, fair play and perhaps also the truth" over allegations over corruption within Fifa.
He still respects Greg Dyke despite criticism from the Football Association chairman.
Blatter announced his intention to seek a fifth term in charge of world football's governing body and will make an official announcement at Fifa's executive committee meeting between 25-26 September.
He had told delegates at a Uefa congress in March 2011 that he would definitely stand down in 2015.
However, that plan has now been shelved, with Blatter completing a U-turn.
"You see a mission is never finished. And my mission is not finished," said Blatter.

Opinions?

Re: TV Referral System by 2015

Damn; reading that thread title, I though it was coming in in the next few weeks. Perhaps you might want to edit the thread title to ''in'' 2015, rather than ''by'' 2015.

BlueAnorak said:
At Soccerex today, Step Ladder came up with this gem...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29109481" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29109481</a>

Sepp Blatter: 'Football TV referrals trial may happen next year'

Opinions?

Could you repeat that in slow motion?

I have always wanted the video replay system so i like the sound of that so long as its easy and quick.It would cut down on diving for pens and red cards that are a bit iffy.
I can't stand Blatter so another term of him is depressing to say the least

might as well go all the way and have sin bins, adverts on the grass for match of the day, live audio from the ref and large foam gloves for the fans, to think this man will get another term taking him into his 80s is unthinkable but his buddies will vote him in without a doubt

BlueAnorak said:
Opinions?

Blatter is a ****?

Football is a matter of opinions. It's pretty rare you have something entirely clear cut - penalty decisions get debated endlessly after 25 replays and different viewpoints. The idea it's going to remove debate is a nonsense, if you have one challenge per half, then there'll be moaning about the other decision that half that went against a team. If you have a keep it if you win system then you'll have more stoppages from the two already there. So that's at least four per match. How to remove any rhythm or pattern from the game, and it will be used tactically when a team is under pressure.

Henkeman said:
Blatter is a c**t?

Football is a matter of opinions. It's pretty rare you have something entirely clear cut - penalty decisions get debated endlessly after 25 replays and different viewpoints. The idea it's going to remove debate is a nonsense, if you have one challenge per half, then there'll be moaning about the other decision that half that went against a team. If you have a keep it if you win system then you'll have more stoppages from the two already there. So that's at least four per match. How to remove any rhythm or pattern from the game, and it will be used tactically when a team is under pressure.

Pretty much as how I see it.

For me, the thing that will annoy the feck out of me is a goal will go in, a challenge will occur and the game will stop for 5 minutes till the challenge is assessed. That annoys me while watching rugby. the delight of a goal scored by your team is dimmed a bit. Why not just have a video ref who can immediately access incidents while the game is continuing?

Henkeman said:
BlueAnorak said:
Opinions?

Blatter is a ****?

That's the sort of things a trial would reveal,if it turns out not to be practical then it won't be used in the prem but at least we would know

Re: TV Referral System to be planed in 2015

MaineRoadmcfc said:
Another huge step in killing football. Americans will love it though

Agreed.

With Blatter you always question his motives, he never does anything for its own sake, what does he gain by implementing this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.