TV Series

Just watched it on i-player and must agree, I couldn't give a fuck about their back story or the drama of it, or the flash forwards, anyone who has read the original kniws nothing needs to be added to improve it.

Also the opening naration is shit if it isn't Richard Burton.

Was looking forward to this but 1st episode has been average
Would rather watch...I can't believe I'm posting this...the Speilberg/ Cruise bum fuck than what turned up last night.

World On Fire series 1 has just finished. What a disappointing ending to an otherwise great show
Did you not find it all very odd? It started off really well but were there only 50 people in the war or something.

I mean, the younger polish boy gets taken to Manchester and then his adult brother finds his way from Warsaw to Dunkirk where he interacts with the brother of the sister who was dating the husband of his sister ... and then ... the older polish brother ends up in a mental hospital in Manchester within cycling distance?

Then, the polish boy's sister trapped in Warsaw, after escaping execution for murder - coincidentally during a bombing raid designed to allow her husband (who by this time thinks his wife is dead) to parachute into Poland on a secret mission - is rescued and is taken to a hideout where her husband is staying.

This is AFTER Helen Hunt's character's nephew interacts with the same brother (of the sister who was dating the husband) in a Paris hospital, the husband being known to Helen Hunt's character in pre-war Warsaw.

I mean, come on!!!

Plus

it looked like the ending was re-hashed after deciding to change the determinate ending to a cliffhanger after a second series was commissioned. The Helen Hunt voiceover and "World on Fire will return" on screen message was just weird.

Helen Hunt, by the way, just didn't seem right.

Did you not find it all very odd? It started off really well but were there only 50 people in the war or something.

I mean, the younger polish boy gets taken to Manchester and then his adult brother finds his way from Warsaw to Dunkirk where he interacts with the brother of the sister who was dating the husband of his sister ... and then ... the older polish brother ends up in a mental hospital in Manchester within cycling distance?

Then, the polish boy's sister trapped in Warsaw, after escaping execution for murder - coincidentally during a bombing raid designed to allow her husband (who by this time thinks his wife is dead) to parachute into Poland on a secret mission - is rescued and is taken to a hideout where her husband is staying.

This is AFTER Helen Hunt's character's nephew interacts with the same brother (of the sister who was dating the husband) in a Paris hospital, the husband being known to Helen Hunt's character in pre-war Warsaw.

I mean, come on!!!

Plus

it looked like the ending was re-hashed after deciding to change the determinate ending to a cliffhanger after a second series was commissioned. The Helen Hunt voiceover and "World on Fire will return" on screen message was just weird.

Helen Hunt looked more like a puppet than the Helen Hunt puppet in Team America.

I mean, come on!!!

Plus

It is a show for TV not a documentary. They cannot cast 100os of people, each with complex story-lines

I think it's well filmed and gives different, if not basic, perspectives

Narcos Mexico turned out far better than I thought. I imagined it would be a slightly watered down version of the first 3 (the third one I loved) but it's potentially raised the stakes on all the previous seasons. Great cast and characters and gorgeous photography...stunning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.