TV Series

Generally, shows that are 30mins don't tend to have deep, layered stories.

giphy.gif

Ray disagrees

Well this weeks Watchmen was twice as long and two thousand times as deep. We've gone from last weeks utterly thrilling pulp Sci-Fi conspiracy into way more human territory... still true to the pulpy sci-fi origins but wow. The Memory pills turned out to be a sensational plot device so simple and devestating they must have made the writer of every single Star Trek The Next Generation / Deep Space Nine alternative reality / flashback / dream sequence episode wish they had that sort of idea. The sequel becomes a prequel, turning ideas on their head, and it feels like it could never have been otherwise. Quite easily one of the most impressive episodes of TV I've ever seen, and more cinematic than all but the very highest grade movies.

Well this weeks Watchmen was twice as long and two thousand times as deep. We've gone from last weeks utterly thrilling pulp Sci-Fi conspiracy into way more human territory... still true to the pulpy sci-fi origins but wow. The Memory pills turned out to be a sensational plot device so simple and devestating they must have made the writer of every single Star Trek The Next Generation / Deep Space Nine alternative reality / flashback / dream sequence episode wish they had that sort of idea. The sequel becomes a prequel, turning ideas on their head, and it feels like it could never have been otherwise. Quite easily one of the most impressive episodes of TV I've ever seen, and more cinematic than all but the very highest grade movies.
Really enjoyed it. Found it very annoying when the ads breaks broke you out of it. Good sign of a great watch.

Or maybe it's because I watched that shit and drivel TwD beforehand. Why I bother I don't know - it's awful.

Mandalorian episode 4...

Ok but sadly Bryce Dallas Howard is no good. The arc of this episode was obvious from the very start. This made is very standardized as a tv show episode imo.

There is no social justice warrior nonsense in it but the episode was just ok, Disney hate risks don't they, to their eventual demise i hope.

Bimbo has it spot on, been done before etc etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.