TV Series

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paul Lake's Left Knee, 28 May 2013.

1. GX Blue

GX Blue

You're right! It does look dated. But everyone bums it so im trying to stick with it.

2. TCIB

TCIB

This is not good, i have looked forward to watching this properly, only a few eps in. As i feared after first season of narcos and all of Gomorra everything feels lacking. Line of Duty is strong but the rest are almost comical these days. Dexter for example, compare that to Gomorra and Dexter just looks totally crap and i loved that show.

I started The Sporanos after Gomorra, big mistake, gave up after season 2 episode 01. It felt like something my gran would watch, not a hardcore gritty crime drama.

3. flook

flook

TCIB likes this.
  4. citykev28

citykev28

in the away end at hillsborough clapping benarbia
    Fuck all to do with me.

flook and TCIB like this.
  5. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

Team supported:
    City
    It takes 2 episodes if you're a normal, level-headed human being.

Quite simply the best series put to film, ever. 5 consistenly class season, 50+ memorable characters, a million quotable lines. Perfection.

[​IMG]

6. lafitz2008

lafitz2008

I've tried The Wire a few times myself and couldn't get into it..... Now The Shield, that was a show

Bigga likes this.
  7. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

Team supported:
    City
    Agreed, I loved that too. Can't recall the Wire every making me cry, but the Shield did.

I'd say that the Wire has less 'stories' that are contained within one episode, more going for the long, slow burn, than the Shield.

8. lafitz2008

lafitz2008

Yeah, won't give anything away, but there were two scenes in particular that, if I wasn't such a butch fella would have really got to me

quiet_riot likes this.
  9. ell

ell

I gave up one episode into season 2 and I only got that far because people said it was so good. One of those series everyone hypes up and I just dont get why.

10. somapop

somapop

TV is funny like that, especially older series (which I guess the Wire has now fallen into). Much has been pillaged and copied so if you hadn't seen it you'd think they were repeating other shows.
    Same with Seinfeld. Hard to watch as TV comedy as it's been done again by other shows. I tried to watch it a few years ago but couldn't break into it. Then last year I tried again right from the start when the whole lot was on Netflix. Now think it's the most enjoyable comedy/tv series I've ever seen. It's top notch theatre really with laser guided comedy (why Curb is so good too).
    Wire remains the benchmark no matter how much 4k Netflix shows have changed the TV landscape (Mad Men is sublime too).

Bilboblue likes this.