TV Series

An absolutely golden period for Tina fey, in my opinion, and her knack for self deprecation was a stunning gift to series comedy! It's a pity she's lost her way, some.

Don't get me started on the genius of the 'Kenneth' character...

Might’ve been you who called this show ‘god’s gift to comedy’ when I first mentioned this. Only half way through season one as I don’t get chance to see them. Were it on Netflix I’d spend the weekend ticking them off. Utterly brilliant.
Shame she’s gone off the boil somewhat,

You like dark for kids?

Try 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' or the modernised 'Lost in Space'.

He’s nearly ten...is it quite ‘dark’?
Think we tried both of those but could resume ,
Umbrella academy looks good.,.

He’s nearly ten...is it quite ‘dark’?
Think we tried both of those but could resume ,
Umbrella academy looks good.,.

Depends on the definition of 'dark' compared to your child's maturity.

Both have hints and attempts at ending kids lives somewhere along the line on a regular basis...

More psychological than physical for the most part!

Not sure I'd touch 'The Umbrella Academy' for him just yet...

Going to watch the final episode of Dark tonight. I enjoyed the first two seasons but this last one is pure shite. Everytime I try to watch an episode I either fall asleep or turn it off then try again the next night. I actually hate all the characters and I'm only watching because I hope they all fucking die.
That and the fact that the wife is making me see it through.

Depends on the definition of 'dark' compared to your child's maturity.

Both have hints and attempts at ending kids lives somewhere along the line on a regular basis...

More psychological than physical for the most part!

Not sure I'd touch 'The Umbrella Academy' for him just yet...

His older sister is autistic so he's heard pretty much everything!
Is the Umbrella Academy quite mature? Did a quick scan of the trailer and looked a bit marvel/comic so thought it looked like a good bet. Same with Bouys too (which from the the first 5 minutes looks like a good watch ....)

Cheers.

Is the Umbrella Academy quite mature? Did a quick scan of the trailer and looked a bit marvel/comic so thought it looked like a good bet. Same with Bouys too (which from the the first 5 minutes looks like a good watch ....)

Cheers.

Although based off comic books I'd say that Umbrella Academy & The Boys are not aimed at kids, especially the latter. UA has a tv-14 rating which means for ages of 14+ and Bos has TV-MA which is for more mature ages.

Although based off comic books I'd say that Umbrella Academy & The Boys are not aimed at kids, especially the latter. UA has a tv-14 rating which means for ages of 14+ and Bos has TV-MA which is for more mature ages.

I agree entirely.

One shouldn't desensitise their kids with unfettered violence as it changes their perception of what's normal. I don't even let my 11 year old play games involving guns and he doesn't want to nor does he watch film or TV that glorifies violence, even though he watches 'Tom and Jerry', 'Sonic' and similar.

I want to teach to him about Human nature, first.

Going to watch the final episode of Dark tonight. I enjoyed the first two seasons but this last one is pure shite. Everytime I try to watch an episode I either fall asleep or turn it off then try again the next night. I actually hate all the characters and I'm only watching because I hope they all fucking die.
That and the fact that the wife is making me see it through.
Tried that, didn't like the weird background music or the lousy dubbed voices.

Been watching The Hot Zone.
Drama about the ebola virus.
Not bad.
Stars the woman out of the good wife.

Cheers.

Definitely definitely not The Boys.
Karl Urban spends half the time calling everyone c*nts.
Umbrella Academy will be perfectly fine.

Definitely definitely not The Boys.
Karl Urban spends half the time calling everyone c*nts.
Umbrella Academy will be perfectly fine.

Haha...one for me in that case (does it stand up to adult scrutiny?).
Cheers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.