TV Series

I am late to this one but watched the first 3 episodes of "Gangs of London" last night.

Fantastic stuff. The fight scenes (which I'm usually not fussed about) are superb in terms of choreography and effect.

Finished Dark.

Enjoyed it despite not really understanding what was going on in the final series. Felt like I understood the first two series, but large parts of the 3rd was either beyond my comprehension or I wasn't paying enough attention to what was going on. I'll be kind to myself and say it was a combination of the two.

Always tempted to give this a whirl with my boy - decent enough watch?

Yeah mate, I didn't mind it at all. Season 1 is good and season 2 is even better.
Second one has a few violent moments in it, head shots, so you may need to bear it in mind depending on how old your boy is.

Last edited:
Yeah mate, I didn't mind it at all. Season 1 is good and season 2 is even better.
Second one has a few violent moments in it, head shots, so you may need to bear it in mind depending on how old your boy is.

Thanks mate - I'll try it out with him but scan first!

You're going to love episode 5

Watched it last night and it was fantastic.

For me Gangs of London has been awesome as not a single episode has been wasted or dragged out. Something fundamental or at least relevant happens in each episode whether it be in the past or part of the current story line. This is something a lot of Netflix series fail at. Ozark was a great series but some episodes were quite boring and stories dragged on too long.

Watched it last night and it was fantastic.

For me Gangs of London has been awesome as not a single episode has been wasted or dragged out. Something fundamental or at least relevant happens in each episode whether it be in the past or part of the current story line. This is something a lot of Netflix series fail at. Ozark was a great series but some episodes were quite boring and stories dragged on too long.

Well in my opinion gangs of London does dip in quality for the last 4 episodes but I understand your point. I do think season 2 of this show will be really special

Still not sourced replacement for Stranger Things for me and my 9 year old lad. Season 3 went off somewhere different in style and vibe to the previous two seasons but once I got used to it I really enjoyed it. The last episode was essentially an 80's kids movie in one episode. There's some love and dedication going on there. Of course I'm watching it mainly through my kids eyes (he often places his hands over his eyes watching but I'm just loving the production of it all...the story is frankly ridiculous!).

Might try Dark again but I can't abide dubbed versions and not sure he'll follow subtitles constantly.
The 'Other shows you might like' aren't really convincing me...

You like dark for kids?

Try 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' or the modernised 'Lost in Space'.

I watched a couple more episodes of 30 Rock last night (I don’t normally get the chance to catch them). Few exceptions but I’ve never seen such a razor sharp dialogue and a show so engorged with jokes.

An absolutely golden period for Tina fey, in my opinion, and her knack for self deprecation was a stunning gift to series comedy! It's a pity she's lost her way, some.

Don't get me started on the genius of the 'Kenneth' character...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.