TV Series

Thats why I didn’t want to go into detail about why I thought it was good :)

I know. The anticipation is killing me. Even without you two, just the way it is set up, so much has come to hinge on so little. Plus they have established a pattern of tone, so you can 'feel' the direction it is about to go down. Although they do sometimes pull a deux ex-machina to resolve situations unexpectedly so may not end the way i feel led to believe. Unfortunately, i can't binge it whenever, so have to endure the suspense.

It has built itself up to either be an excellent ending, or somewhat of a disappointment. But even so, the build-up will have been well worth the enjoyment.

It is a classic for a reason, and having watched a chunk of it back in its day, i can't believe it has taken me this long to get through the rest of it (repeating what i'd seen before for full effect). Partly lack of availability i guess, none of the mainstream services showed it.
It is criminally underrated as a series imho, it has so many elements that most modern dramas have been credited with for originality and pushing boundaries.

A couple of episodes into The Queen's Gambit, a new mini series on Netflix, from the makers of Godless. Really enjoying it so far, going to watch another one or two episodes later, there's only seven in total.

Dunno why I wanted to have a look at thus show, but I'm glad I did...

'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' has one of the funniest 1st episodes I have seen in a long long time!

Maybe cos I didn't know what to expect I gave it a shot and stayed with it as it rolled on. A left field moment, here and there, wasn't enough to put me off, so we'll see how the series progresses!

Really funny that you caught onto this too. Delved into it in a similar fashion recently & the wife & I are really enjoying it. There are aspects to it that are really weak or involving some subpar acting but overall it's quite original and very amusing

Really happy we stumbled onto it

Watched the first series of unforgotten. Now on s2. Pretty good, and some excellent actors in it.
Today i found mister winner on the I player. Worth a watch if you fancy a laugh. Some genuinely piss funny moments in it.

On the last episode of the Shield now, so should get through it next night or two.
@meltonblue and @Bilboblue

No intended real spoilers below as such, but just in case for anyone that hasn't seen it before.

I guess I have always been slightly prejudiced in how I anticipate it to end, in the sense that I expected them to stay broadly true to the real life Mack and how it ends for his Crash team/the whole Farmington department.

I've always had that underlying feeling that it was building up towards an ending similar to the outcome of the real life scandal. I kinda wish i had never read up on it, and watched it without that, but that happened like 10 years ago when it was originally out and i couldn't then forget it.

The penultimate episode has for the first time set it up as a separate peice of TV drama that is only loosely 'inspired' by it all but is a story of its own.

So now i go into it with a genuine unknown and it could all go any which way or the other. Which I admit is more exciting.

Some of the build-up has been excellent, it kinda feels like there is little left to resolve in the final episode which i see is longer than the rest. The whole debate on if it is a good/bad ending i guess partly hinges on what you would like to see happen to them. The whole 'is he a cop turned bad, or a criminal turned good' theme is quite subtle until these last few episodes. Either way, it has been a long time since i've felt the need to discuss a tv series before getting all the way through it.

Emily in Paris is unmitigated, xenophobic, infantile shite.
I gave up several hours of my life watching this drivel so you don’t have to.
Be advised.

I watched the trial of the chicago 7 and got to say I was dissapointed given the calibre of actors. I dont understand how it was popular. Simple story telling with emotional money shot at the end. Ah well.

Stuck with "The Haunting of Bly Manor" until the end and I'd say we have a new contender for the biggest drop in quality between series 1 and 2 of a show. "The Haunting of Hill House" was tense, emotional, made you feel for the characters and had some moments of technical excellence with the camerawork.

On the other hand, Bly manor has very little going for it, was long and drawn out with little pay-off and one of the most ridiculous accents to grace our screens.

Stuck with "The Haunting of Bly Manor" until the end and I'd say we have a new contender for the biggest drop in quality between series 1 and 2 of a show. "The Haunting of Hill House" was tense, emotional, made you feel for the characters and had some moments of technical excellence with the camerawork.

On the other hand, Bly manor has very little going for it, was long and drawn out with little pay-off and one of the most ridiculous accents to grace our screens.

I'm in to the final episodes and have to say that it hasn't lived up to it's potential. I quite enjoy my horrors but there's nothing "haunting" about the series and is in fact a bit soppy. I quite enjoyed the freaky doll scene and thought there was potential for similar freaky scenes but there's been absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
I've started on Banshee. Watched the first few episodes of S1 a while back but then for some reason stopped.

Recapped on them and getting into new (to me) ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.