TV Series

Binge watching Luther. I had it down as yet another british cop drama like Inspector Morse, The Sweeney or Taggart or something, but gave it a go after a bird at work recomended it several times. Its brilliant, not suprised to see it in the bluemoon top 100.

What makes it different from more generic cop shows?

Very interested to read your answer, given that your user name suggests that you may be a fan of Twin Peaks.

What makes it different from more generic cop shows?

Very interested to read your answer, given that your user name suggests that you may be a fan of Twin Peaks.
Ha ha. Well spotted, good 'policing'. Its also my initials.

Its dark and gritty(sounds cliched I know). But I always struggle with anything that can pass as PG rated, and almost be shown on tv during day time. They feel watered down. Just my personal taste. I have The xfiles, Twin Peaks, Fargo and True Detective in my top 4 tv series, and Luther feels more at home along with these 4 than it would with The Bill.

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Double R.

Am also an admirer of both Twin Peaks and True Detective and was blown away by what a brilliant job Lynch did 25 years down the road. The series ranks very high in my top 20.

Will definitely check out Luther at some point soon. It’s now currently in the queue behind Spiral (am on Season 6), Chernobyl, The Corner and Top of the Lake.

Will definitely check out Luther at some point soon. It’s now currently in the queue behind Spiral (am on Season 6), Chernobyl, The Corner and Top of the Lake.
Chernobyl is simply astounding - one of those shows that even though you think you know what happened, it's riveting television for it's entire running time.

Should be on everybodys "to watch list".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.