TV Series

We are making our way through 9-1-1 and 9-1-1 lone star. Nothing ground breaking but still a decent watch if you like Emergency service based drama's.

Lone star is a little bit in your face 'woke' but still good.

Both have some proper gross out moments mixed with some proper comedy moments.

A series I haven’t seen mentioned is ‘My Brilliant Friend’.
Italian made, two seasons available with another one in production.
Two girls growing up in Naples, the story follows them over decades. Beautifully cast, acted and gorgeous to look at, it’s one of the best series I have seen for a good while. On Sky Atlantic. Strongly recommended.

I am sure that they have been mentioned here before, but both Narcos and Narcos : Mexico are first-rate.

The first few episodes of Season 1 of the former are not all that distinguished (though the reference to 'magic realism' in the narration that accompanies the very first one gives a hint of what is come).

However, once it gets into its stride this series and its sequel are right up there with the very greatest TV dramas in my view, and what is extraordinary is that much of what transpires happened for real, apparently, or at least that's what my nephew told me), especially when it comes to some incidents for which you might have to suspend disbelief were they to be featured in an entirely fictional drama.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.