TV Series

If you liked the Ted Bundy tapes on Netflix then you might enjoy the Nilson Tapes (Des) series which is coming out next week. There's been a bit of a drought on Netflix so good to see something decent being released.

New documentary out if you've got sky and haven't seen it advertised that you might be interested in... Escobar by Escobar, think it's his son being interviewed it's 4 episodes says it's the true story of Pablo Escobar through the eyes of his son. Looks interesting I haven't seen it yet going to watch it over the weekend.
Yes I`ve just watched the third one and its been great.Will watch the last one tonight.

Baron Noir. Dirty dealing, double crossing, back stabbing politics at its worst.
Season 1 was the best political series I have ever watched (though my only points of comparison are Borgen and The West Wing - have never watched the UK or US versions of House of Cards).

Unfortunately, Amazon messed up the subtitling for Season 2, which is a real problem, as the intricacies and subtleties of the plotting and French politics are hard to follow in the first place.

If anyone has seen Season 3, I would be interested to know if there was any improvement in the mangled English, as I don’t speak a word of French. Haven’t checked the reviews as I didn’t want to risk encountering spoilers.

Last edited:
I'm watching Elizabeth R (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_R) on Amazon.

Originally airing in 1971 - it's obviously somewhat antiquated in production.

And the series is mostly an on-stage theater performance loosely adapted for television.

And yet, the acting is fantastic. Moreover, the series is thought to be historically quite accurate.

I'm very much enjoying this series - I love the history of Tudor England - and this series has opened new insights for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.