TV Series

Absolutely loving Travelers now, thanks chaps, @Centurions and @FantasyIreland.

Not yet reached the possible point of frustration at the end, but unless it leaves it hanging, i feel i'll still have enjoyed what i've seen. Maybe knowing it ahead makes me more accepting of it.
I honestly didn't know it had been cancelled early until I'd read it on here after the fact, I don't think it'll be an issue for you.

Absolutely loving Travelers now, thanks chaps, @Centurions and @FantasyIreland.

Not yet reached the possible point of frustration at the end, but unless it leaves it hanging, i feel i'll still have enjoyed what i've seen. Maybe knowing it ahead makes me more accepting of it.
Your welcome.

While it could have continued very easily,and should have done,it doesnt end 'badly'

For fans of 'Fauda', have a look at 'False Flag'. It's on Netflix but not available in UK.

4 Episodes in and it's shaping up nicely. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3602528/

Also, not seen it mentioned on here but I thought 'The Leftovers' was excellent.

It's a little different to most things I've watched which is what drew me in.

I may be easily pleased, but I thought the character development and acting was very good.

Christopher Ecclestone's character takes some getting used to though!

Available on Amazon. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2699128/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Episode three? Not seen it yet but its interesting that we were the big bad guys in series one.
I’d be surprised if anything too bad is said about us because Im pretty sure we would have had to OK the use of the club’s name, badge, kits etc
To be fair I thought we weren't made out to be the "bad guys" in season one -- just the biggest, most successful club :).

And (hopefully not revealing too much) the oil money thing is a bit odd, because the ultimate "bad guy" in this latest Ep 3 is a Brit (and a lecherous, stuck-up "pedo" I believe he's referred to), not someone of Arabian descent.

I will say my good fellow Yank City fan friend and I had a chuckle about the Jamie Tartt character resembling Jack Grealish -- or just a funny idea of what Grealish might be like.

Still getting a great kick out of the show, with at least a few good laughs an episode, and my wife absolutely loves it, though I can see how some (Brits especially) could dislike it. I do think it's a bit overrated by us Americans, but in part American inherent confusion about football in the UK is something that actually attracts Americans to it, I think. Plus after what we've gone through over here politically, with divisions ripping families and friends apart, there is something in the sunny optimism of the show that is healing after so much acrimony, at least for me.

To be fair I thought we weren't made out to be the "bad guys" in season one -- just the biggest, most successful club :).

And (hopefully not revealing too much) the oil money thing is a bit odd, because the ultimate "bad guy" in this latest Ep 3 is a Brit (and a lecherous, stuck-up "pedo" I believe he's referred to), not someone of Arabian descent.

I will say my good fellow Yank City fan friend and I had a chuckle about the Jamie Tartt character resembling Jack Grealish -- or just a funny idea of what Grealish might be like.

Still getting a great kick out of the show, with at least a few good laughs an episode, and my wife absolutely loves it, though I can see how some (Brits especially) could dislike it. I do think it's a bit overrated by us Americans, but in part American inherent confusion about football in the UK is something that actually attracts Americans to it, I think. Plus after what we've gone through over here politically, with divisions ripping families and friends apart, there is something in the sunny optimism of the show that is healing after so much acrimony, at least for me.
It is refreshing to see a show where the main characteristics of the protagonist are his decency and humanity

Started The Last Man on Earth. Quite like it but missus doesn't find it funny. Only two episodes in but, if I were in his position and those two choices turned up, I know what I'd be doing.

It is a weird weird show. Bits of it are funny, bits just weird. The expanding and shrinking of the story is probably the most extreme I'd seen. But it is quite easy to watch, has funny moments. the second half begins to feel strangely quite topical too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.