TV Series

It’s okay. Worth a watch. Colin Firth plays the role very well and it’s outside of his usual light English drama comfort zone.

If you know the story / have seen the documentary then it’s not going to blow you away narrative wise but it’s entertaining enough.

Feels like one of those Netflix series that grip you at the time but ultimately are forgettable a week later.
I haven’t seen the doc. I might give it a watch. cheers

It really was.

The issue I've had with that sort of sci-fi/psychological thriller in the past that they start strongly and tail off near the end. Severance I felt got stronger as it progressed. I was hooked throughout.

Agreed. Can’t wait for season 2.

Apple TV+ have been knocking it out of the park IMO on their original content.

Quality over quantity which is what you’d expect from Apple really of course.

Yeah that’s what I thought. Annoying.

I’ll see if I can find a torrent download. Can’t be arsed with the dodgy streaming sites, always shite quality and loads of pop up ads for Russian prossies.

To be fair, I watch the majority of these things on Kodi-lke apps or similar things like 'Viva TV' on my phone...

No pop ups for me.

Finished season 1 of Outer Range last night. Thought it was ok, nothing great but enjoyable, if a bit weird. Kind of Sci-Fi modern day Western.
Strange to see Imogen Poots in that role like that but she is quite good..
Just watched the first 2 episodes of this, enjoyed them so will watch the rest of them.
Thanks for the heads up.

Enjoying Witcher s2. After how confusing series 1 was with all the timelines, seems to have actually started to make some sense and the timelines have all come together.

I’m just starting season 3, so got a bit to go.

I’m gripped by it but it’s one of those shows that I can’t binge episode after episode. I can do two in a session max. It just demands way too much of your attention as the important bits are all in the little details.

I mean this in an entirely positive way of course. The Wire was the same, which is by some distance the greatest work of television ever made (IMO).
Love Mr. Robot.
The first TV show that actually uses real Linux commands!

But the 'villains' in the show are amazing. I ended up rooting for Vera and Irving, and up to a certain point even Ray.

Finished Ozark last night. Decent ending but I don't think there will be a S5.
Overall, certainly one of the best series in the last decade or so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.