TV Series

On HBO but It’s not finished yet

Don’t think we can get HBO over here.

HBO stuff usually ends up on Sky / Now TV.

Eg The Staircase is on HBO at the moment and the new episodes are available here via Now TV every week. It’s how I’m watching it.

Frustratingly not all HBO stuff gets ported over though :(

I’m just starting season 3, so got a bit to go.

I’m gripped by it but it’s one of those shows that I can’t binge episode after episode. I can do two in a session max. It just demands way too much of your attention as the important bits are all in the little details.

I mean this in an entirely positive way of course. The Wire was the same, which is by some distance the greatest work of television ever made (IMO).
Totally agree. Season 2 was one of the hardest to follow too IIRC.

Totally agree. Season 2 was one of the hardest to follow too IIRC.

It was tough going and I gave up at one point. Season 1 was quite fast paced and action packed but looking back on it a lot of plot and character development heavy lifting was done by season 2.

As I say I’m only at the beginning of season 3 but I feel that it’s become a much deeper show thanks to the various sun plots and interweaving of characters and narratives that were done in season 2.

Every “deep” show experiences the same thing at one point or other.

Don’t think we can get HBO over here.

HBO stuff usually ends up on Sky / Now TV.

Eg The Staircase is on HBO at the moment and the new episodes are available here via Now TV every week. It’s how I’m watching it.

Frustratingly not all HBO stuff gets ported over though :(
Can you not pay to get it? I nick it from my sister

Can you not pay to get it? I nick it from my sister

Not officially I don’t think. As I say, Sky/Now TV have the distribution rights to HBO over here and it seems to be a bit of a lottery as to what we get :(. Annoying as HBO make the best TV drama in the world

Maybe with a VPN or something..

It’s brilliant isn’t.

I was blown away by the set design.
It really was.

The issue I've had with that sort of sci-fi/psychological thriller in the past that they start strongly and tail off near the end. Severance I felt got stronger as it progressed. I was hooked throughout.

Is the staircase any good?

It’s okay. Worth a watch. Colin Firth plays the role very well and it’s outside of his usual light English drama comfort zone.

If you know the story / have seen the documentary then it’s not going to blow you away narrative wise but it’s entertaining enough.

Feels like one of those Netflix series that grip you at the time but ultimately are forgettable a week later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.