TV Series

I'm struggling with it.Will keep going though on your recommendation.

HOD much better.
I've given up on Rings of Power. Terrible writing, a heroine that breaks into anime-style fighting to defeat her foes, bland characters whom I don't care about... It's just not worth my time.

I've given up on Rings of Power. Terrible writing, a heroine that breaks into anime-style fighting to defeat her foes, bland characters whom I don't care about... It's just not worth my time.
I think im at that stage myself.

I just watched the recommended Ep4.....and i'm not sure what i missed if it improved?

HOD continues to blow it out the water.

Aside from it being a fantasy world and they’re both currently showing, I’m not sure why the comparables between Lotr and hotd. They’re completely different shows.

Watched e5 of HOD last night and it’s definitely picking up. Feels a little rushed at times however and misses what made early GOT brilliant. Daemon travels the world in a blink of an eye. Across the seas to set up a wedding in a 10 minute spell. These things in GOT were developed over series and that was the beauty of it. Wish they would slow it down at times and let the characters really develop relationships before brutally ending them.

Gave up on LOTR which is annoying. I was waiting for this literally for years. I am just bored to tears with it. If it was well written, well acted and had better pacing i would not even care to much about lore being ignored. It is rushed but slow at the same time, Galadrial is about as likeable as a brick in the face. The "fight" against the guards actually made me laugh out loud at how pathetic, lazy and unloved this production is. When the protaganist is unlikeable you have problems. She is also a Mary Sue to a large extent as typified by her scene with the guards.

Why is a 5000 year old wise She-Elf acting like a spoiled teenager all the time, it makes no sense and becomes very annoying very quickly.

When she is on the raft and handling the rope, she is literally just holding it pretending to do stuff with it. I can almost hear the director "hold that rope and look like you are doing something". It is a series of boxes to be checked this show with no love given at all. It looks pretty but if the story and acting don't hold up that shine wears quickly.

Bloated, unfocussed, unloved, you could throw a lot of superlatives at this show really.

House of Dragons is by far the better fantasy show currently. It is not even close and that is a shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.