TV Series

Gave up on LOTR which is annoying. I was waiting for this literally for years. I am just bored to tears with it. If it was well written, well acted and had better pacing i would not even care to much about lore being ignored. It is rushed but slow at the same time, Galadrial is about as likeable as a brick in the face. The "fight" against the guards actually made me laugh out loud at how pathetic, lazy and unloved this production is. When the protaganist is unlikeable you have problems. She is also a Mary Sue to a large extent as typified by her scene with the guards.

Why is a 5000 year old wise She-Elf acting like a spoiled teenager all the time, it makes no sense and becomes very annoying very quickly.

When she is on the raft and handling the rope, she is literally just holding it pretending to do stuff with it. I can almost hear the director "hold that rope and look like you are doing something". It is a series of boxes to be checked this show with no love given at all. It looks pretty but if the story and acting don't hold up that shine wears quickly.

Bloated, unfocussed, unloved, you could throw a lot of superlatives at this show really.

House of Dragons is by far the better fantasy show currently. It is not even close and that is a shame.

Not started watching it yet..

It’s shame that your usually a good judge?

I’ll start watching it when the seasons finished I will watch the full season no matter how poor some are saying it is! Then I’ll probably watch it again to confirm either way piss poor or a masterpiece in intellectual dialogue story telling..

Gave up on LOTR which is annoying. I was waiting for this literally for years. I am just bored to tears with it. If it was well written, well acted and had better pacing i would not even care to much about lore being ignored. It is rushed but slow at the same time, Galadrial is about as likeable as a brick in the face. The "fight" against the guards actually made me laugh out loud at how pathetic, lazy and unloved this production is. When the protaganist is unlikeable you have problems. She is also a Mary Sue to a large extent as typified by her scene with the guards.

Why is a 5000 year old wise She-Elf acting like a spoiled teenager all the time, it makes no sense and becomes very annoying very quickly.

When she is on the raft and handling the rope, she is literally just holding it pretending to do stuff with it. I can almost hear the director "hold that rope and look like you are doing something". It is a series of boxes to be checked this show with no love given at all. It looks pretty but if the story and acting don't hold up that shine wears quickly.

Bloated, unfocussed, unloved, you could throw a lot of superlatives at this show really.

House of Dragons is by far the better fantasy show currently. It is not even close and that is a shame.

I thought episode four was much improved. I think the sets for Lord of The Rings are fantastic but do far the script has been poor. I remain hopeful it'll get better, I quite like the fella who plays Elrond, but the Harfoots have been dire so far.

I think it needs something big to happen.

Damn I was looking forward to this :/

I thought episode four was much improved. I think the sets for Lord of The Rings are fantastic but do far the script has been poor. I remain hopeful it'll get better, I quite like the fella who plays Elrond, but the Harfoots have been dire so far.

I think it needs something big to happen.
It will in the last 2 episodes

I’ve been watching the dragon one and the hobbit one and keep getting them mixed up. Dragons, dwarves, elves, crabs, it’s all the same

On another note, Industry is a great show with the season finale last night (will watch tonight)

Not started watching it yet..

It’s shame that your usually a good judge?

I’ll start watching it when the seasons finished I will watch the full season no matter how poor some are saying it is! Then I’ll probably watch it again to confirm either way piss poor or a masterpiece in intellectual dialogue story telling..
If i see people on here saying it picks up i'll have another go at it. The main issue with it so far is just the feeling the people who made it have no love for it. Boxes must be checked like "we must show x character is strong" and it is all then shown in a ham fisted way with no consideration for the character/s or story for example. You could say it is very lazy in a nutshell. Lazy, superficial, unloved.

I really do hope it picks up and even if it doesn't i hope some like it because otherwise it will have been a huge waste of time and money.

If i see people on here saying it picks up i'll have another go at it. The main issue with it so far is just the feeling the people who made it have no love for it. Boxes must be checked like "we must show x character is strong" and it is all then shown in a ham fisted way with no consideration for the character/s or story for example. You could say it is very lazy in a nutshell. Lazy, superficial, unloved.

I really do hope it picks up and even if it doesn't i hope some like it because otherwise it will have been a huge waste of time and money.
I'm enjoying it but I watch it when I get home from the pub Saturday night, so I'm probably not the best judge.

Watched the first one of Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story. Reminds a bit of Mindhunter in how its filmed and based on the first episode, its very fucking dark.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.