TV Series

Lots of things were unanswered in that brilliant show, but I reckon it's being told in the second series, in line with how the first one went.

Gladly, we're back to the actual storytelling mode of TV entertainment of the 80s and 90s in recent times.
Watched episode #1 about a week ago and thought it was solid without being spectacular.

Watched episode #2 last night and it was excellent. It doesn't feel rushed, and if you'd have explained the scenes between Jeff Bridge and his lady friend to somebody who hadn't seen it, it might have sounded boring, but it was somehow riveting.

Then there's the Afghanistan story building up. Really excited to see how the next five episodes unfold now.

Like you said, the storytelling feels like it might be really good in this.

Watched episode #1 about a week ago and thought it was solid without being spectacular.

Watched episode #2 last night and it was excellent. It doesn't feel rushed, and if you'd have explained the scenes between Jeff Bridge and his lady friend to somebody who hadn't seen it, it might have sounded boring, but it was somehow riveting.

Then there's the Afghanistan story building up. Really excited to see how the next five episodes unfold now.

That's actually a very good description!

I've had difficulty explaining the show to friends, but have ended up saying "You just have to watch it"!

Just watched the third episode of the Cabinet of Curiosities on Netflix, the autopsy. Has anyone managed to watch it all with their eyes open?

Just started watching Gangs of London, really enjoying it thanks to the recommendations on here, but there’s one thing I don’t get, Sean the main character, that accent is completely unconvincing as a London gangland leader, sounds more like an American impersonation of an English accent, more like an old Etonian than a gang leader, given he’s an English actor I’m not sure why they’ve done that, presumably for US market?

Just started watching Gangs of London, really enjoying it thanks to the recommendations on here, but there’s one thing I don’t get, Sean the main character, that accent is completely unconvincing as a London gangland leader, sounds more like an American impersonation of an English accent, more like an old Etonian than a gang leader, given he’s an English actor I’m not sure why they’ve done that, presumably for US market?
Not watched the series but every cockney I have dealings with have over the last few years seemed to have changed their accents to this weird mix of American/Yardie/ gibberish.
I just laugh at them and tell them to start talking fucking peperly again! Haha!

I loved it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.