TV Series

The Witcher Shocker: Henry Cavill Out Ahead of Season 4; Liam Hemsworth to Take Over as Geralt of Rivia
By Ryan Schwartz

The Witcher Netflix Recasting

Major shake-up on The Witcher.
Netflix on Saturday announced that the fantasy drama has been renewed for Season 4, at which point series star Henry Cavill will depart the role of Geralt of Rivia and hand his swords over to Hunger Games vet Liam Hemsworth.
“My journey as Geralt of Rivia has been filled with both monsters and adventures, and alas, I will be laying down my medallion and my swords for Season 4,” Cavill said in a statement. “In my stead, the fantastic Mr. Liam Hemsworth will be taking up the mantle of the White Wolf.
“As with the greatest of literary characters, I pass the torch with reverence for the time spent embodying Geralt and enthusiasm to see Liam’s take on this most fascinating and nuanced of men,” Cavill continued. “Liam, good sir, this character has such a wonderful depth to him, enjoy diving in and seeing what you can find.”

Added Hemsworth: “As a Witcher fan I’m over the moon about the opportunity to play Geralt of Rivia. Henry Cavill has been an incredible Geralt, and I’m honoured that he’s handing me the reins and allowing me to take up the White Wolf’s blades for the next chapter of his adventure. Henry, I’ve been a fan of yours for years and was inspired by what you brought to this beloved character. I may have some big boots to fill, but I’m truly excited to be stepping into The Witcher world.”
More to come…
If you like TVLine, you'll LOVE our email news alerts! Click here to subscribe.
Add A Comment
TAGS: HENRY CAVILL, LIAM HEMSWORTH, NETFLIX, THE WITCHER
GET MORE: CASTING NEWS, NEWS, RENEWALS
X
by TaboolaSponsored Links
You May Like
Bowels: A Simple Trick To Empty Them Completely
Gut Solution
Arthritis: A Simple Trick to Relieve Pain Easily
Joint Helper
35 dated decor trens that scream "I'm over 50"
Easy
Toenail Fungus: A Simple Trick To Reduce It Easily
Fungus Helper
Plastic Surgeons Furious: This DIY Method Removes Dark Spots Like Crazy
Dr Sister Skincare
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A 24-Hour Live-In Carer in 2022? The Price May Surprise You
Home Care | Search Ads

Comments are monitored, so don’t go off topic, don’t forkin’ curse and don’t bore us with how much your coworker’s sister-in-law makes per hour. Talk smart about TV!
Comment *
Name *
Email *
Website
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.

6 Comments
Michelle says:
October 29, 2022 at 12:23 PM
WHAT?!
Ella says:
October 29, 2022 at 12:24 PM
Ugh, this is a disaster. I suppose he’s abandoning the show for Superman, which is terrible, like most DC movies :(
Bartlett says:
October 29, 2022 at 12:27 PM
The worst part is he doesn’t even even have a contract for DC yet. He has only signed on for 2 cameos, Black Adam and The Flash. And with Discovery planning on selling Warner Brothers in 2 years this just screams giant mistake.
Dave says:
October 29, 2022 at 12:30 PM
I really can’t picture anybody else taking on the role, and are they gonna write in this change? or just move on like nothing happened..?
I don’t know, this seems a very odd choice. For sure he’s going to be busy with Superman but they could have worked out something with the schedule…
RJ says:
I have a feeling it’s because he’ll be James Bond? Isn’t that what he’s been wanting for a while?
Imzadi says:
Wait, what? I had to remind myself that it isn’t April 1st.
Today's Hottest Stories
1Matthew Perry Talks Friends Crushes, Addiction Horrors With Diane SawyerMatthew Perry Talks Friends Crushes, Addiction Horrors With Diane Sawyer
2Performer of the Week: Emma D'ArcyPerformer of the Week: Emma D'Arcy
3WandaVision Spinoff With Paul Bettany as Vision in the Works at Disney+WandaVision Spinoff With Paul Bettany as Vision in the Works at Disney+
4Manifest Season 4 Has the 'Perfect Ending,' Says Josh Dallas — Plus, Intel on Zeke's Power and Cal's…Manifest Season 4 Has the 'Perfect Ending,' Says Josh Dallas — Plus, Intel on Zeke's Power and Cal's Return
5House of the Dragon Would Have Begun 40 Years Earlier, Had More Time Jumps, If George R. R. Martin Had…House of the Dragon Would Have Begun 40 Years Earlier, Had More Time Jumps, If George R. R. Martin Had His Way
What to Watch Today
8:00
P
M
MLB World Series
P
M
An Amish Sin
P
M
Catering Christmas
P
M
Jolly Good Christmas
Full Story

'Dolly Parton's Mountain Magic Christmas' Holiday Special Film…

Houston's Crane Lifts Astros Into the Black, and Another…

From 'Oppenheimer' to 'Dune: Part Two,' Here's Where to See…

'07:15 – Blackbird,' 'Kapr Code' Among Winners at Ji.hlava Film…

The 75 Best Christmas Gifts of 2022 for Clearing Holiday…
About Us

Accessibility Statement
Advertise

Contact Us
Newsletter
Terms of Use

Privacy Policy
AdChoices
EU Privacy Preferences
The Power of Content

TVLine is a part of Penske Media Corporation. 2022 TVLine Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
PMC Entertainment
Powered by WordPress VIP
ad

The Witcher Shocker: Henry Cavill Out Ahead of Season 4; Liam Hemsworth to Take Over as Geralt of Rivia
By Ryan Schwartz

The Witcher Netflix Recasting

Major shake-up on The Witcher.
Netflix on Saturday announced that the fantasy drama has been renewed for Season 4, at which point series star Henry Cavill will depart the role of Geralt of Rivia and hand his swords over to Hunger Games vet Liam Hemsworth.
“My journey as Geralt of Rivia has been filled with both monsters and adventures, and alas, I will be laying down my medallion and my swords for Season 4,” Cavill said in a statement. “In my stead, the fantastic Mr. Liam Hemsworth will be taking up the mantle of the White Wolf.
“As with the greatest of literary characters, I pass the torch with reverence for the time spent embodying Geralt and enthusiasm to see Liam’s take on this most fascinating and nuanced of men,” Cavill continued. “Liam, good sir, this character has such a wonderful depth to him, enjoy diving in and seeing what you can find.”

Added Hemsworth: “As a Witcher fan I’m over the moon about the opportunity to play Geralt of Rivia. Henry Cavill has been an incredible Geralt, and I’m honoured that he’s handing me the reins and allowing me to take up the White Wolf’s blades for the next chapter of his adventure. Henry, I’ve been a fan of yours for years and was inspired by what you brought to this beloved character. I may have some big boots to fill, but I’m truly excited to be stepping into The Witcher world.”
More to come…
If you like TVLine, you'll LOVE our email news alerts! Click here to subscribe.
Add A Comment
TAGS: HENRY CAVILL, LIAM HEMSWORTH, NETFLIX, THE WITCHER
GET MORE: CASTING NEWS, NEWS, RENEWALS
X
by TaboolaSponsored Links
You May Like
Bowels: A Simple Trick To Empty Them Completely
Gut Solution
Arthritis: A Simple Trick to Relieve Pain Easily
Joint Helper
35 dated decor trens that scream "I'm over 50"
Easy
Toenail Fungus: A Simple Trick To Reduce It Easily
Fungus Helper
Plastic Surgeons Furious: This DIY Method Removes Dark Spots Like Crazy
Dr Sister Skincare
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A 24-Hour Live-In Carer in 2022? The Price May Surprise You
Home Care | Search Ads

Comments are monitored, so don’t go off topic, don’t forkin’ curse and don’t bore us with how much your coworker’s sister-in-law makes per hour. Talk smart about TV!
Comment *
Name *
Email *
Website
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.

6 Comments
Michelle says:
October 29, 2022 at 12:23 PM
WHAT?!
Ella says:
October 29, 2022 at 12:24 PM
Ugh, this is a disaster. I suppose he’s abandoning the show for Superman, which is terrible, like most DC movies :(
Bartlett says:
October 29, 2022 at 12:27 PM
The worst part is he doesn’t even even have a contract for DC yet. He has only signed on for 2 cameos, Black Adam and The Flash. And with Discovery planning on selling Warner Brothers in 2 years this just screams giant mistake.
Dave says:
I really can’t picture anybody else taking on the role, and are they gonna write in this change? or just move on like nothing happened..?
I don’t know, this seems a very odd choice. For sure he’s going to be busy with Superman but they could have worked out something with the schedule…
RJ says:
I have a feeling it’s because he’ll be James Bond? Isn’t that what he’s been wanting for a while?
Imzadi says:
Wait, what? I had to remind myself that it isn’t April 1st.
Today's Hottest Stories
1Matthew Perry Talks Friends Crushes, Addiction Horrors With Diane SawyerMatthew Perry Talks Friends Crushes, Addiction Horrors With Diane Sawyer
2Performer of the Week: Emma D'ArcyPerformer of the Week: Emma D'Arcy
3WandaVision Spinoff With Paul Bettany as Vision in the Works at Disney+WandaVision Spinoff With Paul Bettany as Vision in the Works at Disney+
4Manifest Season 4 Has the 'Perfect Ending,' Says Josh Dallas — Plus, Intel on Zeke's Power and Cal's…Manifest Season 4 Has the 'Perfect Ending,' Says Josh Dallas — Plus, Intel on Zeke's Power and Cal's Return
5House of the Dragon Would Have Begun 40 Years Earlier, Had More Time Jumps, If George R. R. Martin Had…House of the Dragon Would Have Begun 40 Years Earlier, Had More Time Jumps, If George R. R. Martin Had His Way
What to Watch Today
P
M
MLB World Series
P
M
An Amish Sin
P
M
Catering Christmas
P
M
Jolly Good Christmas
Full Story

'Dolly Parton's Mountain Magic Christmas' Holiday Special Film…

Houston's Crane Lifts Astros Into the Black, and Another…

From 'Oppenheimer' to 'Dune: Part Two,' Here's Where to See…

'07:15 – Blackbird,' 'Kapr Code' Among Winners at Ji.hlava Film…

The 75 Best Christmas Gifts of 2022 for Clearing Holiday…
About Us

Accessibility Statement
Advertise

Contact Us
Newsletter
Terms of Use

Privacy Policy
AdChoices
EU Privacy Preferences
The Power of Content

TVLine is a part of Penske Media Corporation. 2022 TVLine Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
PMC Entertainment