TV Series

Couldn't see a thread for it so putting here. Just watched the DAZN Ronaldo, The Phenomenon documentary on BBC.

What a player he was and fuck me, what a recovery from a career-threatening injury to winning the World Cup.

Despite what he achieved and how good he was, it'll always be a 'what if' about him. Could've been the best ever without the injuries.

I remember we were rumoured to go for him in 2008 (presumably Robinho's doing?) before he went to Milan I think and Hughes turned him down. Fuck the fact he was near the end of his career and it was showing, imagine if he'd have donned our blue!

Yep, Tulsa King looks like it’s going to be fucking ace. Love a bit of Stallone and he’s playing this part perfectly. Good support cast as well so far. Watched first two episodes but going to try and leave it a while so I can binge at a later date.

Just watched the first episode was brilliant hope it carries on like this!

Yep, Tulsa King looks like it’s going to be fucking ace. Love a bit of Stallone and he’s playing this part perfectly. Good support cast as well so far. Watched first two episodes but going to try and leave it a while so I can binge at a later date.
Just watched the first two episodes, pretty good.

Anyone watching "The English" (Western drama available on Amazon Prime, BBC Two and iPlayer)?

I watched the first episode based on positive reviews, but I didn't care much for it.

Some of the acting was great - especially Ciaran Hinds. Nonetheless I felt that many of the scenes were extremely unrealistic and moreover pre-planned. It's as if the writers/director were thinking about what would make for a particularly gruesome set of events- and after a bit of brainwork - came up with something - which they then wedged into the story. The plot feels overly contrived.

Having tried an episode, I think I'll not watch any more of "The English."
I liked it, watched it all in 2 sittings

Anyone watching "The English" (Western drama available on Amazon Prime, BBC Two and iPlayer)?

I watched the first episode based on positive reviews, but I didn't care much for it.

Some of the acting was great - especially Ciaran Hinds. Nonetheless I felt that many of the scenes were extremely unrealistic and moreover pre-planned. It's as if the writers/director were thinking about what would make for a particularly gruesome set of events- and after a bit of brainwork - came up with something - which they then wedged into the story. The plot feels overly contrived.

The first ep was dodgy but it gets MUCH better thereafter.

I really liked it, the more episodes you watch the more questions get answered. Yes some nasty bits but that probably says more about the savagery of the times than trying to make it a bit shocking. I thought Emily Blunt and Chaske Spenser were great

I really liked it, the more episodes you watch the more questions get answered. Yes some nasty bits but that probably says more about the savagery of the times than trying to make it a bit shocking. I thought Emily Blunt and Chaske Spenser were great
Watched the last episode tonight. Fantastic. A real Western. Best bit of telly I have watched all year. Agree that the leads were fantastic. So was Raffe Spall. The real star was the cinematography though. Absolutely gorgeous.

'Andor'.

What an excellent show this was! It's certainly not for watchers that need action from the get-go and (as I prefer) this is yet another TV show, this year, that goes back to the art of storytelling.

There have been two other excellent shows in 2022 that have been this good in 'Loki' and 'The Old Man'. Both take time to examine the smaller details in order to build the whole body.

This is as good a legacy for 'Star Wars' as any that have graced our screens and if you're going to watch it, understand it has different pacing to sweep you along and when it gets torrid, you'll appreciate the ride.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.