TV Series

Drama - and indeed (for me) terrible violence - is fine - for example, Game of Thrones - just awesome and full of drama and gore. Ditto some of my other favorites - The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Just Call Saul and so on. Each of these series are full of ineresting, memorable characters - both good and bad.

What's been missing in The English - for me - is lack of a compelling, characters. It's an episode-driven plot with characters as an afterthought.

The English isn't terrible - it's just not must-see TV.
===
A bit off topic - but has everyone seen, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog? - this is must-see TV. If you haven't seen it - you really must give it a try. Totally awesome - even after all these years. I rewatch, "Horrible," every 2 years or so - simply because of the songs.
Meanwhile in the @BlueMoonAcrossThePond household :-)

Absolutely loved this week's The Last of Us. Beautiful, brilliant TV.

I've never played the game,so i did initially wonder wtf was going on...........but the acting and the emotion very quickly drew me in and had me completely hooked,the only word that could be used was indeed 'beautiful'.

Genuinely has the potential to be one of the best ever series.

US version of The Traitors on iPlayer.

Same location, same format but with Alan Cumming hosting (who was very entertaining).

It took a couple of episodes for me to warm to the characters, but once it got going it was as good as the UK version.
The finale was fantastic.

Anyone watched Alice in Borderland? Thought it was very good (but you need to get passed the 1st episode which is a bit lame)..It's very similar to the Squid games but based in Japan.
watched both series loved them and waiting for the 3rd next year hopefully

It was about before squid game and is a much better story based on the original manga tbere is a few survival gemre shows like high rise invasion and darwins game bit these have only been made into anime not live action.

you may like All of us are dead too which is on netflix

Last edited:
I've never played the game,so i did initially wonder wtf was going on...........but the acting and the emotion very quickly drew me in and had me completely hooked,the only word that could be used was indeed 'beautiful'.

Genuinely has the potential to be one of the best ever series.

I agree, one of the best series I've watched in years. I heard that the budget exceeds "Game of Thrones". I'm not sure if that's the budget for one series or GoT or the whole lot. Regardless, it is fair to say the visuals in LoU are impressive.

They've also confirmed a series 2 already.

I agree, one of the best series I've watched in years. I heard that the budget exceeds "Game of Thrones". I'm not sure if that's the budget for one series or GoT or the whole lot. Regardless, it is fair to say the visuals in LoU are impressive.

They've also confirmed a series 2 already.
I'm loving the last of us but hope they can finish it after 2 seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.