TV Series

Saving lives In Leeds:

New series filmed by BBC in collaberation with the open University and filmed on location at Leeds teaching hospitals. There's been four episodes already outed every Wednesday at 21:00 and believe another seven are sheduled to follow. You can access the four that have already been filmed by hiting record and then searching for them on the Sky.

Last night we watched a few episodes of which the first below is shown in it's entirety, concerning the rebuild of a gent who lost both his arms and legs in an electric pylon accident. A man that in essence should not be here with us today but fought on stoichly, overcoming insurmountable odds to rebuild a life for himself and his two dear daughters.

At Leeds General Infirmary, Professor Kay now stands ready to perform this rare double arm transplant, whilst down the corridoor in in neurosurgery kenan deniz has two patients that need some urgent brain surgery. The empathy dedication and care shown by these proffesionals, plying their craft in the guise of human decency is there for all to see, and we were in total awe of their skillset!

The remainder of the episodes were equally as good so we binged them into the early morning light. The surgeon that robotically operating on the little girl took our breath away. Basically, he sat separate from the patient in a robot, controlling it with high precision through the delicate procedure. I understand this type of tech exists in surgery, such as the da vinci bot in prostectomy, but to see it used in this way was very surreal.

Last edited:
Ukraine From Above: A documentary available On Demand fron Sky concerning the daring and ingenious exploits of drone pilots engaged throughout the Ukraine battlefield.They really have changed the dynamics of the conflict and a very interesting watch for sure.

Last edited:
On episode 7 of Yellowjackets. It’s not bad, just about doing enough to keep me interested, but theres too much time jumping going on, litteraly one scene in 97, one scene today, then back to 97 etc. Apart from the plane crash, nothing of not is yet to happen, it needs to spend more time in the wilderness.

Did it improve?

I might start this soon but what you wrote has put me off.

I hate time jumps and it seems like they spend more time in the past than the surviving in the wilderness which why I was going to watch It.

Anyone else seen Yellowjackets?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.