TV Series

Don't know if many people here watch Ted Lasso but this third season has been a right slog for me.

Not sure what happened behind the scenes but it feels like a lot of life has been sapped from it. Episodes drag on way too long, there are very few actual jokes or laugh out loud moments, there's almost no focus on the actual football, and even though it's apparently the final season, they've decided to introduce a bunch of boring new side characters to take up screen-time.

Very odd. I absolutely loved the first two seasons but something is really different this time around. Shame.

WTF was the point of Shandy?

The Colin being gay storyline had the potential to create an interesting discussion about LGBT people in football and sports in general, but it just feels like an afterthought at this point.

Also, the way they flip flop the Nate character from utter heartless arsehole to sweet little shy guy is just tiring. It worked in season two on some level, but it's getting ridiculous now. The guy changes personality every week.

Don't know if many people here watch Ted Lasso but this third season has been a right slog for me.

Not sure what happened behind the scenes but it feels like a lot of life has been sapped from it. Episodes drag on way too long, there are very few actual jokes or laugh out loud moments, there's almost no focus on the actual football, and even though it's apparently the final season, they've decided to introduce a bunch of boring new side characters to take up screen-time.

Very odd. I absolutely loved the first two seasons but something is really different this time around. Shame.

WTF was the point of Shandy?

The Colin being gay storyline had the potential to create an interesting discussion about LGBT people in football and sports in general, but it just feels like an afterthought at this point.

Also, the way they flip flop the Nate character from utter heartless arsehole to sweet little shy guy is just tiring. It worked in season two on some level, but it's getting ridiculous now. The guy changes personality every week.
Not watched any of TL yet is it as good as people say?

Not watched any of TL yet is it as good as people say?

Me and my wife love it, but I recommended it to parents and brother and none of them could get into it. I think it's a bit of a Marmite show to be honest, but worth trying the first couple of episodes to see if it's your sort of humour. I find it pretty charming and funny, especially the first season. City actually appear quite a bit in the story too and there are a few little jokes about Pep (nothing nasty, just little lighthearted things).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.