TV Series

Did anyone watch the Catherine Tate thing 'Queen of Oz'? That's another half hour of my life I lost and won't get back! Not even sure why I watched it to be honest as I've never really got how Catherine Tate is classed as a comedy genius. Maybe there was nothing else on at the time. :-)

Having an afternoon away from it all, currently in the third of the new season of Black Mirror.

An absolute mind fuck.

These shows are usually good when you're learning the characters and stories but they soon get tiresome and the whole show became repetitive. The last two series was just people constantly changing their minds, there was nothing clever about it at all. As ever, Family Guy nailed it when they did their skit.

The mad thing is, there are people that compare this fictional family to the Murdochs. Even if that's the case, it's an extremely loose comparison based on the kids wanting to take over the empire, but people actually imagine Murdochs to be similar because some hack thinks it must be so.

It's embarrassing to reach such conclusions.

Re-watching Fargo (the TV series) on Prime. Second season is probably my favourite but the first and third are great TV too. I am yet to get around to watching the fourth season due to its mixed reviews.
4th = Shite.

Which is a shame as the others were so good.

Yes, the characters are unlikeable but I did enjoy it. Takes a while to get going from what I can remember but the main characters do start to be more 3 dimensional, and there's some great one liners (from Roman in particular).
The terrifying this is it's not hard to believe (think it's based on the Murdoch empire).

It's not the greatest series ever, but it's well written and acted.
5 in and its warming up a bit. Its ok, 6/10. Mrs struggling with it so itll be something i watch alone when i can grab an hour

This won’t resonate with a lot of people I don’t think but I came across Cranford and recorded it and watched it Sunday and yesterday.
I was quite impressed not just by the acting, several well known actors and actresses, Judi Dench, Francesca Annie, Imelda Staunton, Jim Broadbent, Greg Wise to name a few, but also by the social history and the ‘mannered’ norms of the time e.g. changing bonnets at 12 noon, not visiting someone new until the third day, calling on people between certain hours etc.
Also the hierarchical class system that was just beginning to change very slightly. However the main theme if you like was the way the railway and the building of it was seen. The fors and againsts! Very interesting.
Well I thought so anyway! :-) An excellent series.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.