TV Series

Just watched the final 4 episodes of Succession.
Very powerful stuff, the writing and acting was excellent.
However, as much as I thought the ending was good I expected a bit more.
Can't say any more as it might spoil it for those that haven't seen it.
After my son telling me how amazing it is we have started this and are 3 episodes in. Im
Struggling.

Its ok! Im just not buying into the characters. I know that they arent meant to be likable, im just not finding them credible.

Is succession a slow burner?

After my son telling me how amazing it is we have started this and are 3 episodes in. Im
Struggling.

Its ok! Im just not buying into the characters. I know that they arent meant to be likable, im just not finding them credible.

Is succession a slow burner?
Yes, the characters are unlikeable but I did enjoy it. Takes a while to get going from what I can remember but the main characters do start to be more 3 dimensional, and there's some great one liners (from Roman in particular).
The terrifying this is it's not hard to believe (think it's based on the Murdoch empire).

It's not the greatest series ever, but it's well written and acted.

I liked the earlier seasons but thought those 4 were pretty stupid tbh. I spent all 4 wanting to slap Roman.

But I don't think the whole thing is as good as people make out.
These shows are usually good when you're learning the characters and stories but they soon get tiresome and the whole show became repetitive. The last two series was just people constantly changing their minds, there was nothing clever about it at all. As ever, Family Guy nailed it when they did their skit.

Was going to watch it but had reservations, thanks for saving me a few hours off my life.
I watched half of the first episode and gave up.

Same with 'Ten pound poms' which I was really looking forward to but I couldn't take to any of the characters. Although I did watch part of the second episode to see if it had improved. But nah, just as bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.