TV Series

Just sourced the penultimate episode of the first season of Silo - Apple TV. I'm loving it. Also reading the books (halfway through book 2 of 3), which are better but different.

The Fully Monty TV Series to coin a phrase...

Well it started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle & the less said about the end the better. But apart from that, excellent!

Stick to the movie.

The Fully Monty TV Series to coin a phrase...

Well it started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle & the less said about the end the better. But apart from that, excellent!

Stick to the movie.
Yep,watched the 2nd episode....cant take any more....its wank.

This won’t resonate with a lot of people I don’t think but I came across Cranford and recorded it and watched it Sunday and yesterday.
I was quite impressed not just by the acting, several well known actors and actresses, Judi Dench, Francesca Annie, Imelda Staunton, Jim Broadbent, Greg Wise to name a few, but also by the social history and the ‘mannered’ norms of the time e.g. changing bonnets at 12 noon, not visiting someone new until the third day, calling on people between certain hours etc.
Also the hierarchical class system that was just beginning to change very slightly. However the main theme if you like was the way the railway and the building of it was seen. The fors and againsts! Very interesting.
Well I thought so anyway! :-) An excellent series.
Hi
Was this on BBC i ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.