TV Series

My old English master Peter Farquahar. Couldn't stand him and he couldn't stand me but would never have wished that on anyone.
Wow. Manchester Grammar wasn’t he? How close was the Timothy Spall version? I thought the first two episodes were excellent but the last two slightly disappointing.

Wow. Manchester Grammar wasn’t he? How close was the Timothy Spall version? I thought the first two episodes were excellent but the last two slightly disappointing.

Not watched it yet but I will and report back. There was a good fly-on-the-wall type documentary too on Channel 4 recently, Catching a Killer, Diary from beyond the grave, which followed the police enquiry. Seeing him as a young man took me back to my MGS days. Not a single happy memory of those days.

It's on my list to watch along with Rabbit Hole and Slow Horses.
All three are cracking. Silo as said earlier, the tempo/storyline drops a bit in the middle as seems to happen often as series IMO packout to get the full 10 episodes or so in. Top of the three for me, Slow Horses, both series are belters.

World on Fire (BBC iPlayer) - WW2 based drama crossing between Poland, Berlin, Paris, London &, err, Hale Barns - 2 series 13 episodes and decent 7/10

Anyone finish Swarm? I’m 5 in and not really enjoying it. Not sure whether to stick through another 7 episodes.

I watched Slow Horses and thought it was great but watched one episode of Silo, thought it looked good but then lost interest during episode 2. Gave episode 3 a try and fell asleep.
I'd be interested to se if you liked both of them.
Its worth keeping going, I thought the same but it does improve from episode 5 onwards.

I found Silo to drag a bit in the middle too. Liked it overall, though.
You find out a lot more a lot earlier in the books, but I think they drag a bit at times too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.