TV Series

Need something new to watch. I think I have watched everything worth seeing.
Started into my back up stuff last night and decided it all looked crap.
Endeavour, Lucky Hank, Madam Secretary, The Company you keep, The Patient, Joe Pickett.
Edit. Just saw that The Crowded Room has finished. That's next on the list.
Not sure if your into crime or police series
But the wire and Bosch are fantastic series.

Need something new to watch. I think I have watched everything worth seeing.
Started into my back up stuff last night and decided it all looked crap.
Endeavour, Lucky Hank, Madam Secretary, The Company you keep, The Patient, Joe Pickett.
Edit. Just saw that The Crowded Room has finished. That's next on the list.
I enjoyed Madam Secretary and look forward to season 2. Madam Secretary is a mix of drama (mostly) and comedy; the plot is somewhat unbelievable; but the actors are great and the characters they portray are memorable.

Madam Secretary: 7/10.
===
If you haven't watched it yet, I'd recommend Patriot. It's a dark comedy about an assassin hired by the US government and boasts some hilarious scenes. It's mostly drama though - and over time, the main character grows on you and you begin to empathize with the terrible life he's been forced into.

The humor in Patriot is something you'll either love or hate. Here's two examples:

In this first clip, listen to the made up technical jargon. It's hilarious. Our protagonist - Lakeman - has recently been hired by this company as an undercover sales agent and he's got to catch up with the lingo. Lakeman's expression at the conclusion of the speech is priceless.

In this second clip, Lakeman's boss, Leslie Claret, has been so upset by goings-ons that he's started snorting cocaine. Here, Leslie is attending a session to help deal with his addiction.

Patriot: 9.5/10

Last edited:
Been watching Station Eleven. I read 'Sea of Tranquility' earlier this year by the same author and really liked that so decided I'd take the plunge with this.

Post-apocalyptic show after a flu virus wipes out a shitload of the world population (written before the Covid pandemic, though).

5 episodes watched. Its weird and fragmented. Slow to start but I really like it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.