TV Series

I enjoyed Madam Secretary and look forward to season 2. Madam Secretary is a mix of drama (mostly) and comedy; the plot is somewhat unbelievable; but the actors are great and the characters they portray are memorable.

Madam Secretary: 7/10.
===
If you haven't watched it yet, I'd recommend Patriot. It's a dark comedy about an assassin hired by the US government and boasts some hilarious scenes. It's mostly drama though - and over time, the main character grows on you and you begin to empathize with the terrible life he's been forced into.

The humor in Patriot is something you'll either love or hate. Here's two examples:

In this first clip, listen to the made up technical jargon. It's hilarious. Our protagonist - Lakeman - has recently been hired by this company as an undercover sales agent and he's got to catch up with the lingo. Lakeman's expression at the conclusion of the speech is priceless.

In this second clip, Lakeman's boss, Leslie Claret, has been so upset by goings-ons that he's started snorting cocaine. Here, Leslie is attending a session to help deal with his addiction.

Patriot: 9.5/10

Cheers. I'll rethink my stance on Madam secretary and give it a try.
I'll also look for Patriot. Thanks.

Is Star Trek Strange New Worlds actually good?
I was a big fan of the Next generation but watched season 1 ep1 of this new one and just couldn't get into it at all. Just felt naff.

If people recommend it I might give it another go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.