TV Series

Been given Disney+ free for 3 months, any recommendations? So far got the bear, finding Michael, the old man. I've seen most the star wars series too.

FBCgudp.gif
I know going to give it another go.

Timothy spall in sixth commandment on iplayer is 10/10
Watched the first two episodes last night.

It's superb. Utterly flawless.

Spent part of my career teaching in the private sector (though nowhere as posh and renowned as Stowe). These schools are a bit of a world unto themselves, but Spall's performance certainly reminded me of one or two former colleagues.

Had no idea he was so versatile.

Also just finished Season 2 of the Mayor of Kingstown. Thought the last episode was a bit meh but would definitely recommend the series as a whole. It's mostly been excellent.

Although Season 5 wasn't quite as good as the others, this scene in episode 1 still cracks me up:

NOTE: it won't spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it.

From what I recall of David Simon's book Homicide, it conflates two real-life tactics that Baltimore detectives used to extract a confession.

Been given Disney+ free for 3 months, any recommendations? So far got the bear, finding Michael, the old man. I've seen most the star wars series too.

The Americans, Mr Inbetween, Dopesick, and What we do in the Shadows.

The Americans can be a bit of a slow burn but is utterly fantastic, and one of the most under the radar shows of recent years.

The Americans, Mr Inbetween, Dopesick, and What we do in the Shadows.

The Americans can be a bit of a slow burn but is utterly fantastic, and one of the most under the radar shows of recent years.
Thanks for posting this. Dopesick and Mr Inbetween are both superb. Wasn’t initially struck by The Americans so will give it another try.

Thanks for posting this. Dopesick and Mr Inbetween are both superb. Wasn’t initially struck by The Americans so will give it another try.
Definitely takes half a season to find its feet but by the end of season one you are fully drawn in. So many incidents pay off in future seasons too. And the finale is one of the best I've seen.

The Americans was exceptional. Could never figure out why it wasn’t more popular.
Think I’m going to give this a go, kind of fell onto a couple of episodes a good few years back and thought it looked really good (as well as thinking the woman was well fit) but ended up getting side tracked by something that I’d been watching previously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.