TV Series

If you enjoyed that you’d probably like Andrew Marr’s The Making of Modern Britain, superb series that covered my parents growing up years which made me appreciate the hardship they endured but never ever complained about how tough it was. I bought the book as well, it’s great.

I have watched this mate and it was excellently narrated too, as you said the hardships these people suffered was unimaginable to most if not all people alive today.

I have watched this mate and it was excellently narrated too, as you said the hardships these people suffered was unimaginable to most if not all people alive today.
Going a bit Monty Python but we had a tin bath as kids which was hung up on the Kitchen wall, mum and sister in first on a Sunday night then me and Dad after! My Grandma had an outside Tippler toilet and that’s only 60 years ago. I used to stay at my Gran’s when my Grandad died and if I needed to I had to piss in a pot under my Gran’d bed, sometimes she’d already used it:-)

Going a bit Monty Python but we had a tin bath as kids which was hung up on the Kitchen wall, mum and sister in first on a Sunday night then me and Dad after! My Grandma had an outside Tippler toilet and that’s only 60 years ago. I used to stay at my Gran’s when my Grandad died and if I needed to I had to piss in a pot under my Gran’d bed, sometimes she’d already used it:-)

Walking home from school in a fog you couldn't see the end of your nose in, schools just turfing you out in the silent killer without a care in the world :)

Army grey blankets and candlewicks, squares of paper in the outside spider infested toilet, if you were posh you had the arse scraping Izal which could double as tissue paper .

Walking home from school in a fog you couldn't see the end of your nose in, schools just turfing you out in the silent killer without a care in the world :)

Army grey blankets and candlewicks, squares of paper in the outside spider infested toilet, if you were posh you had the arse scraping Izal which could double as tissue paper .
Lol, Izal, now that’s another story mate, disinfectant tracing paper!

Annika on Alibi is worth a watch, I be always liked Nicola Walker since Spooks. It’s quite quirky but each episode is an independent story with sub plots running through the series, Annika breaks the fourth wall explaining what’s going on, don’t normally like that kind of thing but it works.

A Scottish actor James Sives who was in the three series of Guilt is also very good in the programme. Non complicated plots that last for about 45 minutes, perfect for late night viewing.

Also Passport to Freedom that was on Alibi is excellent, kind of a female Schindler’s List. It’s not in the Sky platform at the moment but I’d guess it’s on dodgy boxes.
We just started watching Annika the other night as I liked the lead in Unforgettable on itv, like you say a bit quirky bit we have to laugh in every episode they have a suspect chase, it’s very formulaic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.