TV Series

Been watching the USA version for years so was pretty excited when there was a UK version announced. However the contestants are awful.
Channel 4 have gone down the route of normal City living people who will last about a week. The yank version at least has contestants who can actually function and do the basics.
Yes totally agree with this.
I’ve watched the American version since the first series- proper Survivalists.
I’m sure one of the UK women has actually taken make up with her :-)

Started 'Invasion'

Slow burner,but looks to have an extra quality,5 eps in and its picking up the pace and becoming very enjoyable.

Definitely one for the SciFi geeks.
Second season has just started I’ll be honest I forgot what happened in the first, I’ll wait to binge the second season. Have you watched Foundation, bloody hell it’s complicated to follow, looks fantastic though.

A History of Ancient Britain​

If you enjoyed that you’d probably like Andrew Marr’s The Making of Modern Britain, superb series that covered my parents growing up years which made me appreciate the hardship they endured but never ever complained about how tough it was. I bought the book as well, it’s great.

What to say about Yellowstone (nearing the end of series 3)? Cinematography gorgeous. Love how horse centric it is. Writing veers between perceptive and abject. Acting ditto. Some interesting storylines - I like the indigenous american stuff. Some pretty poor and seem to fizzle out. I can understand why it gets 10X the audience of Succession. Overall despite its soapiness, its very watchable and I will finish it + the spin offs.

Annika on Alibi is worth a watch, I be always liked Nicola Walker since Spooks. It’s quite quirky but each episode is an independent story with sub plots running through the series, Annika breaks the fourth wall explaining what’s going on, don’t normally like that kind of thing but it works.

A Scottish actor James Sives who was in the three series of Guilt is also very good in the programme. Non complicated plots that last for about 45 minutes, perfect for late night viewing.

Also Passport to Freedom that was on Alibi is excellent, kind of a female Schindler’s List. It’s not in the Sky platform at the moment but I’d guess it’s on dodgy boxes.

Second season has just started I’ll be honest I forgot what happened in the first, I’ll wait to binge the second season. Have you watched Foundation, bloody hell it’s complicated to follow, looks fantastic though.

Agreed, it's super complicated without reading the books (which I think I'll do after this series), but I think the show tries its best to fill in the blanks, which only kind of helps!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.