TV Series

I haven't figured out the reasoning for all the confusing strands, but I've started watching 'The Regime', especially AFTER the panning I've seen of the show, lately.

I can certainly see WHY it's been panned (the multi-plots of madness/ incredulity), but the deep subplot of American influence in central Europe is the main issue for the panning. Whether you like it or not, I think 'The Regime' is based upon corrupt govs like Ukraine and a fictional fight back against the stranglehold and influence of a world power, but around it is just eye-catching distraction.

This is very much a derivative of shows like 'The Thick of It' taken to an abstract.

Based off 2 eps, I find this quite an interesting approach.

Be interesting to see if this changes further in.

I haven't figured out the reasoning for all the confusing strands, but I've started watching 'The Regime', especially AFTER the panning I've seen of the show, lately.

I can certainly see WHY it's been panned (the multi-plots of madness/ incredulity), but the deep subplot of American influence in central Europe is the main issue for the panning. Whether you like it or not, I think 'The Regime' is based upon corrupt govs like Ukraine and a fictional fight back against the stranglehold and influence of a world power, but around it is just eye-catching distraction.

This is very much a derivative of shows like 'The Thick of It' taken to an abstract.

Based off 2 eps, I find this quite an interesting approach.

Be interesting to see if this changes further in.

It's a ten episode series two more will drop on the 5th April then following weekly

Watching Alone on Hulu.

For those not familiar with the Alone series, it's about a survival contest where 10 participants - each of whom are skilled in outdoor survival - are stranded in a wilderness setting, completely alone, but with some survival gear and a satellite phone with which they can "tap out" - that is, a contestant can use their phone at any time to quit and return to civilization.

Each season starts in a different wilderness location and all contestants are let out in the same general area but far enough away from each other that they never make contact. Every week or so, doctors visit each contestant to ensure that they're healthy enough to continue the competition - those deemed at risk of health complications are withdrawn. The last remaining contestant wins and is awarded $500,000 US.

For me - Alone is a really enjoyable series. Give it a try!

8/10
Watched every series and love it.

Watching Alone on Hulu.

For those not familiar with the Alone series, it's about a survival contest where 10 participants - each of whom are skilled in outdoor survival - are stranded in a wilderness setting, completely alone, but with some survival gear and a satellite phone with which they can "tap out" - that is, a contestant can use their phone at any time to quit and return to civilization.

Each season starts in a different wilderness location and all contestants are let out in the same general area but far enough away from each other that they never make contact. Every week or so, doctors visit each contestant to ensure that they're healthy enough to continue the competition - those deemed at risk of health complications are withdrawn. The last remaining contestant wins and is awarded $500,000 US.

For me - Alone is a really enjoyable series. Give it a try!

8/10

Don’t watch the UK season channel 4 did last year. It was shite.

I love, Alone. Superb show. Season 11 should be out in a few months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.