TV Series

Meh! I can’t remember what happened in the first series and it didn’t really grab me tbh, I’ll still watch it I suppose, but it reminds me I need to finish off the trilogy and watch ROTK extended edition soon.
Likewise. Thought it was pretty tedious.

Good time to finish the outstanding ROTK given the Gundo news!

Detectorists - Season One rerun, starting again on BBC2 @ 10pm tonight.
x4lXXhz.gif

8QiwvSt.jpeg
One of the best written/ casted/ acted brit series ever made.
Crook made a classic here.
It's funny, melancholic, sad, happy, cinematic and at times just joyeous.
Some of the scenes are beautifully shot, the ones where it goes back in time to show how things ended up buried are just stunning.
He also gets in some really clever comedy.
Superb stuff.

One of the best written/ casted/ acted brit series ever made.
Crook made a classic here.
It's funny, melancholic, sad, happy, cinematic and at times just joyeous.
Some of the scenes are beautifully shot, the ones where it goes back in time to show how things ended up buried are just stunning.
He also gets in some really clever comedy.
Superb stuff.

Absolutely spot on. It’ll go down as one of the very best.

Absolutely spot on. It’ll go down as one of the very best.
Crook is very modest, and quite a shy person.
I've seen a few interviews where he's almost embarrassed by the praise.
Certainly one of our most talented in the business.
He learnt a lot from Gervais, but in no way copied him, he went his own way, and did it well.
He deserves all the credits for that, fair play to the lad

Just finished Season 1 of The Boss on Disney. I enjoyed it. Pity it didn't have a dub audio option just cause I found reading the subtitles was tough when watching whe tired.

After watching constant rubbish for last 2/3 years, a while back, I thought I’d scan this topic for older TV recommendations. When I say older I mean like 10+ years before TV went to shit.

Noticed that Justified and Dexter crop up with positive feedback and for last few months I got through both of them.

Both are really great TV. Easy to watch. Fun. Entertaining. Great main characters. Brilliant support casts. Excellent stories. Both shows are pretty unrealistic but who cares.

I highly recommend both of them. Solid 8/10s.

However, they both have recent reboots. Both reboots (in my opinion) were pretty shit.
Both had the star character in totally different places with no other cast regulars.
Hence, the magic disappears.

If any Justified fans do end up watching City Primeval just watch the last 10 min of the last episode is my advice.

I have heard both shows are also doing further reboots again. If they do I hope they remember what made the shows great in the first place.

New Blood and City Primeval are both 5/10s.

Just seeing now if there’s any other decent 2000-2015 TV shows I missed over the years but I think I’ve seen all the good ones now. Oh well.
I recently watched Dexter after never seeing it before, started well, peaked with the John Lithgow season then it just fell apart for me, to the point where I wished some one would finish Dexter off so I don't have to watch anymore.
I finished it just about and won't bother with the spin off.

Justified on the other hand I thought was great start to finish. I didn't mind the spin off either but obviously not as good as the original show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.