TV Series

I think this was my biggest 'cancelled' gripe i've ever had with a series. There was so much potential with the BTK as well they were slowly introducing etc. I just couldn't get my head why they would cancel it when it was so popular.
Thing is with Netflix they have all these stats they look at and it might not have been at the time but then it gets a cult following. Netflix are now moving away from making expensive tv shows and buying lots of old shows off terrestrial tv as it’s cheaper, that’s why things like Brassic etc are starting to appear and lots of channel 4 shows, it costs then very little to buy them and it fills up their catalogue of shows, they aren’t spending 100 millions anymore.

Thing is with Netflix they have all these stats they look at and it might not have been at the time but then it gets a cult following. Netflix are now moving away from making expensive tv shows and buying lots of old shows off terrestrial tv as it’s cheaper, that’s why things like Brassic etc are starting to appear and lots of channel 4 shows, it costs then very little to buy them and it fills up their catalogue of shows, they aren’t spending 100 millions anymore.
Spunked their whole budget on stranger things probably.

The Perfect Couple on Netflix. Glossy whodunnit starring TAFKA Nicole Kidman who has a very odd face (although i'm sure she'd say the same about me). 6 episodes.

3.5/10. Barely watchable soap opera garbage with some odd direction. I watched it just to see whodunnit. I'm not sure i'd recommend others to do the same.

Need a bit of feedback on an old series. Two or three years back, on a whim, I rented The Leftovers, first series. I was intrigued by the premise of it, mainly. I like these crazy ideas.
Now I do understand that they didn't want to simply take the road of “What in the hell happened to the disappeared people?!” That would have been the obvious road to take. Instead, they wanted to study a specific community, from different points of view, in the aftermath of the trauma. I get that. There's a potential to that.
Well, I confess that I had difficulty getting through to the end of the series. I didn't find the acting very good, and the screenplay seemed to me to be all over the place. It seemed like a series that didn't really know in which direction it wanted to go. I was downright bored by certain episodes. I sometimes had to steel myself to turn the thing on. But when I've paid for something, I watch it to the bitter end!
I suppose that there must be fans of it on here. I read just now that the second and third series were considered to be much, much stronger. I thought I might give them a shot, but I'd be interested to hear from someone who had approximately my experience for the first series, and who was then “converted”, as it were. That would carry weight with me.

I notice in general that I very often have the ‘meh’ reaction to the first series of multi-series pieces. Sometimes I change my mind — big time. I was not fully convinced by the first series of Breaking Bad, for instance. Even in the second series, I wasn't fully into it. About halfway through the second series, something clicked, and I never looked back. Same with Better Call Saul. It took me a long time to get into it, but I perservered, and was finally glad that I did.
On the strong recommendation of a friend, I paid for The Last Kingdom. I never even finished the series. It's still in my library, sitting there.
Same with GOT, and The Wire. Saw one whole series of each (the first) and was simply not convinced. Never went back. I know that there are people who will throw up their hands in horror. That's how it was for me.

Anyone watched 'From'? Two episodes in and not exactly gripping me like i thought it might. Heard really good things about it so that's why i've tried it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.