TV Series

You mean even more so than Karl Pilkington? shut the front door.

Christ my mind is whizzing to fast or totally of track because mentioning him just made me think 'what a shit cringy comedian Gervais is'. The second he got asked to just have a bash at that live aid thing i sat up sharp and said to my mates 'watch this, he will be fucking shit'. Non of them would have it he is not a 'proper' comedian. With that i mean a 'proper' comedian can hold fort doing a standup and if they ran out of jokes they really could hold fort pub style. This clown is a writer who got lucky, he may be a fine actor if he stretched his acting legs possibly but that whiny bitchy voice added to that perma **** grin is a recipe for a punch in the gob in any public place you may ever have the misfortune of laying your eyes and/or ears on the twat.

Paranoid is the single worst cop drama since Z Cars. The plot was dreadful, the acting even worse and the resolution was like something from s Scooby-do cartoon.. atrocious - avoid at all cost.

He wasn't too pretty he was too small and nothing like the character from the books.

Don't know what he was meant to look like but i think it was a decent shout to not have him be big... It helps portray him as an outsider, if you added size to him then he looks just like your stereotypical Viking.
What is meant to look like? Thor?

Don't know what he was meant to look like but i think it was a decent shout to not have him be big... It helps portray him as an outsider, if you added size to him then he looks just like your stereotypical Viking.
What is meant to look like? Thor?

Basically yes. In the books he was about 6'4, built like a brick shithouse, long blonde hair, and a smile that could snap a hymen at a 100 yards. Chris Hemsworth as Thor is exactly what Uhtred was supposed to look like. A major point of the books is that in his soul his is a Viking. He fights for the saxons and he is a saxon by birth, but it's only because he took an oath and he is an honourable man. In his heart he is a Viking and he empathises with them and has far more in common with them than the people who's side he is on. He worships the Viking gods and hates Christianity.
He even disowns his first born son who becomes a priest
The show might make semi decent viewing, but if you've read the books, it's utter fucking garbage.

Quite enjoying The Exorcist, while its not on par with Westworld, it's mildly entertaining Horror fare.
While I'm on the subject of Horror, I watched Salem's Lot ( 2 parter) again for the first time in a long, long, time, holds up very well for an 80's ( 1979) made for TV movie.
I tried Goliath on Amazon, the Billy Bob Thornton, washed up lawyer, found it pretty predictable fare.

If you haven't watched it, on Amazon there is a series called "The Man in the High Castle" which is pretty damn good. Essentially an alternate universe where the Nazi's got the nuke first. Takes place in the 60s in the USA.

Got the first seasons of Deadwood and American Horror Story.

Even though I've not finished Sons of Anarchy, which I've really enjoyed.

147948817118621690.gif

Feckin yeah!! Watching the first episode looks like the show will be better than Top Gear now that Clarkson, May and Hammond are no longer under the constraints of the Money grabbers at the BBC....

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.