TV Series

I might give it a go. Used to like the original 'Monkey' and also 'The Water Margin' which was sorta like a fore-runner of Monkey.
Watched a newer version of 'The Water Margin' a few years back but it was absolute dogshit so hopefully the newer Monkey will be better

Got both on boxset, essential viewing when a lad
loved tge water margin
ling chun
the tiger man
the ex official with one eye in blue
and the cool theme music

based on chinese folk tales but the shows were Japanese.

Seen a few adaptations of monkey (also got the original book 'journey to the west' it's based on) but monkey magic is still the best

Last edited:
Yeah that’s the one

not being funny but it looks a bit average from that clip, but only probably because I am judging it on
Masaaki Sakai's Monkey.

However as Monkey was uniquely charming from the actors and dubbing etc and cannot be repeated, I will watch it in an open mind of a completely different show as the reviews from NZ and Oz where it is made are positive.

and the last NZ show I watched, the almighty Johnsons was top.

Last edited:
not being funny but it looks a bit average from that clip, but only probably because I am judging it on
Masaaki Sakai's Monkey.

However as Monkey was uniquely charming from the actors and dubbing etc and cannot be repeated, I will watch it in an open mind of a completely different show as the reviews from NZ and Oz where it is made are positive.

and the last NZ show I watched, the almighty Johnsons was top.
Well maybe I am led by nostalgia but I really enjoyed it, thought it was fun

I'm jumping from show to show, at the moment!

Another two episodes of 'Counterpoint' in and it's becoming clearer about what it's presenting to the audience; bluff, double bluff and espionage in parallel worlds!

Okay, it's not as in-your-face as 'Homeland', with its espionage but I'm liking it.

Old fashioned twists and turns!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.